New Radiohead single

Fide

After deleting their internet presence, Radiohead are back with this piece of utter fucking magic. 

A new album, Dawn Chorus is in the offing.  I cannot fucking wait.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could've done without the vocals for a large part of it. Enjoyed the instrumentals though. It's apparent since King of Limbs that Thom Yorke is really enamoured with Moderat, Caribou and other producers and it looks like he's still influenced by them.

New Radiohead song - liveblog listen...

- treated strings! some JOnny synth

-bit Portishead only the burd doesn't sing as nicely

-kind of amelodic wailing here in the post-verse, hope they're not returning here, it's a cool sound but the chords are a bit random

-Phil Selway just pressing a button and sitting with a glum expression by his Samaritans phone

-waiting for a hook really, bit like the last album, tense ticking, expensive analogue sounds, booooring

-can hear this at the back of the Mastercard Arena in Big City USA and imagine enjoying the lights

-sounds like a demo for Tomorrow's Modern Boxes playing next to one of JG's outtakes from There Will Be Blood OST

Didn't like it at first but love it after listening a few times. New song out today, Daydreaming.

Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson (Inherent Vice, The Master, There Will be Blood) and I'm sure Jonny Greenwood did a few songs for those films.

New album released digitally on Sunday @ 7pm. Really hyped for it.

Edit- had no idea Thom had split up with his partner in August. I wonder if we'll be in for the most melancholic album yet.

Radiohead are a good band, just not as clever as they or other people think they are. Reckon there's a solid gold two disc album amongst their stuff...

DISC 1: GUITARS CAN TAKE DOWN THE SYSTEM

You

Blow Out

Permanent Daylight

Planet Telex

My Iron Lung

Street Spirit (Fey Doubt)

Paranoid Andy

Exit Music

Climbing Up The Walls

The Tourist

Meeting in the Aisle

Palo Alto

DISC 2: OOH HANG ON A SECOND I THINK JONNY BOUGHT SOMETHING

Everything In Its Right Place

The National Anthem

In Limbo

Morning Bell

You And Whose Army

Knives Out

Sit Down Stand Up

Where I End & You Begin

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Morning Mr Magpie

Spectre

Didn't like it at first but love it after listening a few times. New song out today, Daydreaming.

Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson (Inherent Vice, The Master, There Will be Blood) and I'm sure Jonny Greenwood did a few songs for those films.

New album released digitally on Sunday @ 7pm. Really hyped for it.

Edit- had no idea Thom had split up with his partner in August. I wonder if we'll be in for the most melancholic album yet.

Thankyou.  This is perhaps my favourite post in the history of P&B.

What a beautiful song.

Enjoying Daydreaming much more than Burn the Witch which I just can't get into at all.

Burn The Witch took me a couple of listens.  Daydreaming was instant.

Hopefully this new album is more In Rainbows than King of Limbs.

I cannot wait.

Think both songs are incredible. Really looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. IMO, TKOL was quite underwhelming so hopefully a wee return to the standards of Kid A, In Rainbows etc.  

Meh. Willing to wager there's already a dozen better versions of it in the ether already. Stuff like Big Boots/Manowar are already a hundred times the song they would have ended up being by the time they've finished fucking around with them for me.

I have never been this excited about a Monday morning commute into work.  I have A Moon Shaped Pool downloaded and ready to go and I've broken out the Klipsch headphones.

This goin' be good.

Archived