Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was someone saying about a new Airdrie.....

Sad to see Lister and Prunty go, joining Watt, Parry and Cox on the way out.

Awaiting news now particularly on Bain, Crighton, Lithgow and Fitzpatrick.

Will EWB/IK seriously see these guys as f/t players?

It was always going to be a night that was never going to please everyone with fan favourites leaving, and possibly players being offered contracts that fans aren't keen on.

Whither we agree or disagree with the decisions being made we need to suck it up and support the club.

Interesting that folk where predicting Lister and Prunty to stay, yet the management have stuck to their guns and got rid of two more fans favorites and a proven strike partnership.

If this was a tenner gamble I'd be cashing out for my 45p at the moment. I'm not sure where this is headed.

It was always going to be a night that was never going to please everyone with fan favourites leaving, and possibly players being offered contracts that fans aren't keen on.

Whither we agree or disagree with the decisions being made we need to suck it up and support the club.

Being told how to support never gets old, does it.....

With no jibes ready in the making here, how are Airdrie planning to make FT football work on their budget with their crowds at this level?

Genuine question, and I'll be very interested if they can get two strikers for their full-time setup next year, on similar wages (presumably what Prunts and Lister were on) who are better than those two...

As several have suggested already, seems like a huge gamble.

The meltdowns on Facebook are unbelievable.

What on earth were folk expecting? Lister to drop a full time career to play for Airdrie on £300 a week?

Presumably Prunty also has a full time career outside of football.

As far as I remember from their time with us, they do both have pretty decent jobs outside of football. Hardly surprising, but it's a big risk Airdrie are taking here.

As far as I remember from their time with us, they do both have pretty decent jobs outside of football. Hardly surprising, but it's a big risk Airdrie are taking here.

I wouldn't say it's a particularly big risk releasing either player.

In an ideal world we'd keep Lister as he's a good player at this level and a fans favourite however in reality he's not even in the top 3 strikers in the league. Bearing in mind the club have ambitions of competing at the league above this he's not a great loss beyond this next season.

Prunty IMO was nowhere near as good this season as last so not convinced he has much to give football wise next season.

Question Airdrie football club. Jim Lister, leader, goalscorer, team player, superb attitude, top scorer though he only played half the season. How can you justify not offering him a contract, like Paul Lovering he defys his age and still does the business and makes huge contribution. Give one good reason he wasn't offered a contract ?

I wouldn't say it's a particularly big risk releasing either player.

In an ideal world we'd keep Lister as he's a good player at this level and a fans favourite however in reality he's not even in the top 3 strikers in the league. Bearing in mind the club have ambitions of competing at the league above this he's not a great loss beyond this next season.

Prunty IMO was nowhere near as good this season as last so not convinced he has much to give football wise next season.

What 2 in the league do you think are better if ones Rory McAllister I'm not surprised as he's on a grand a week.do you think the club are going to get a striker anywhere near as good as Lister.

Question Airdrie football club. Jim Lister, leader, goalscorer, team player, superb attitude, top scorer though he only played half the season. How can you justify not offering him a contract, like Paul Lovering he defys his age and still does the business and makes huge contribution. Give one good reason he wasn't offered a contract ?

Presumably because he had no intention of going full time and the club knew that?

Give one good reason he wasn't offered a contract ?

'Cause you said he would be. The board have read your ramblings and will do the opposite of everything you post.

You will be constantly monitored and even attempts at reverse psychology will be flagged and ignored.

You are in your own personal Truman show - the wages of being a gobshite.

Archived