Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's game is huge for me.   If we cant mastermind a serious result against Livvy then we really shouldn't bother attempting the playoffs.

Doesn't really matter what has happened in the past at this stage, the team that finishes the season stronger is usually better equipped when it comes to the playoffs.

Apart from bringing back Ryan, we should stick to a similar set up to last week.  Leitch is out.

The 3 at the back looked more comfy but I think we should mark their 2 strikers rather than play zonal.

I've said before Brown plays better v. lower teams so I'd consider bringing in McIntosh at RWB and play Stewart further forward.   Brown could be an important introduction off the bench later.

And most importantly we should keep attempting to pass the ball.   We aren't going to bully their backline or turn them.   Only way to get through is to run at them.

Rohan

McGregor Mensing Gorman

McIntosh Hutton Conroy McDonald

Stewart Russell

Ryan

2 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Surely Wilson, Dalziel and Jennow are getting the heave ho?

Thought there was a melt down on here ....took ages to get on.

There's a conversation going on in the closed Airdrie site about what Dalziel  said on Clyde today.

Looks like we're stuck with Wilson and Dalziel for some time.

12 minutes ago, Nipper said:

There's a conversation going on in the closed Airdrie site about what Dalziel  said on Clyde today.

Excuse my ignorance. What is "the closed Airdrie site"?

2 hours ago, Nipper said:

What did he say?

whatever it was I wouldn't read too much into it as talks utter bull on it every time he's on it

2 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

What did he say?

whatever it was I wouldn't read too much into it as talks utter bull on it every time he's on it

Something along the lines of - Airdrie are full time but not really. There isn't a proper structure in place but things will change next season.

8 hours ago, Nipper said:

Read that,  stomach boaked at the sound of it.   It's been complete and utter chaos since Wotherspoon arrived and likely to continue regardless of whether Dalziel and Wilson remain.    

Could you imagine what he'd replace them with?

I liked the back 3 idea as it's helped the awful fullbacks, however our record has gotten worse since Mensing signed - won 3 (against the 3 bottom clubs) and lost 6.    In those 9 games we've conceded 23 goals.   

I'm honestly thinking we'd be better with Boateng in there than Mensing!  

Wilson signings -

McKay the son of his football agent average.

Mensing has been poor overall.

McGregor has been poor overall also gave away the penalty at Brechin and was awful yesterday.

Hutton easily the best signing and knowing Airdrie we will keep Fitzpatrick and not offer Hutton a contract even if he becomes available next season. If I had choice between the two it would be easy decision Hutton.

TW is their any guarantee he will remain chairman next season ?

6 hours ago, Nipper said:

You can get into it via Facebook. 

Thanks, but I'm afraid that I don't have the technical skills to access it.

Whatever it says I doubt if there will be any further management changes this season. Despite being awful we probably won't go down if we can win another match. TW won't want to admit yet another mistake and will want to avoid any potential financial claim by sacking the present management team.

I've actually stopped hoping we make the promotion playoffs to avoid further embarrassment. My hope for the club is that TW will next season stop appointing his friends and try more conventional methods of getting a manager. Not entirely confident that he will given past experience.

22 minutes ago, waysider said:

Thanks, but I'm afraid that I don't have the technical skills to access it.

Whatever it says I doubt if there will be any further management changes this season. Despite being awful we probably won't go down if we can win another match. TW won't want to admit yet another mistake and will want to avoid any potential financial claim by sacking the present management team.

I've actually stopped hoping we make the promotion playoffs to avoid further embarrassment. My hope for the club is that TW will next season stop appointing his friends and try more conventional methods of getting a manager. Not entirely confident that he will given past experience.

Took me till today to get on to P/B and facebook is a no go area with my IT skills as well. Agree we should try to get three more points but I worry about a collapse like Dundee once did in the old SPL to be relegated. Manager will stay till the end of his contract and then go!

7 hours ago, Nipper said:

Something along the lines of - Airdrie are full time but not really. There isn't a proper structure in place but things will change next season.

Some full - time players and some part - time players maybe? Haha no wonder we are such a disjointed shambles. 

I was speaking to a guy in a suit yesterday (not sure who he was) He seemed to think that neither Dalziel or Wilson were contracted to, or being paid by the club. He also said that Wotherspoon could cut his losses and walk away at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Some full - time players and some part - time players maybe? Haha no wonder we are such a disjointed shambles. 

If we knew we'd be running with that then we should have kept more of the side from last season. 

Archived