Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

23 minutes ago, waysider said:

Playing devil's advocate a bit here. One thing I've noticed from recent posts is a theme which has been current all season. That is statements from posters who seem to know things which you wouldn't expect ordinary punters like us to know. Recent examples are Russell on a huge wage, Faria on the same wage as Russell PLUS a car, McBride defying Dalziel, McBride getting a payout of 40k. Earlier posts this year had everyone and their uncle being offered contracts and then having them whipped away. 

Do people actually know these things as facts or did they hear it from someone who knows someone whose granny is the tea lady?

My post never said McB got 40k. If you read it again it says the total money from Payoff Hugo and Dalziel wage would be around the 40k and that's according to my gran (who also serves coffee) 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having a look at the remaining fixtures, I recon another 5 points would see us into the play offs.

Stranraer (Away) - Draw
Alloa (Home) - Lose
East Fife (Away) - Draw
Queens Park (Home) - Win

With those predictions it is possible that Airdrie, East Fife and Queens Park could all go into the last game on 48 points.

I really hope that, for the fans and for MW, that we are able to get into the play offs to return a bit of positivity to the club. Especially if rumours are true that MW will be kept on next season, it would be utter shite if this negativity surrounding the club are continued into the new season.

Please Airdrie, for once surprise us!!!

Uh oh.

We're already behind my (fairly pessimistic) prediction.

No surprises..... yet.

Some fud on Facebook reckons Andy Ryan is offski and that we've already resigned 9 players for next season[emoji23] would it be because we are dishing out two year contracts?

Probably mostly rubbish. However, I won't be surprised if Ryan leaves. Bound to get an offer for him. Would be bad to lose him but if we got sufficient money to sign a few decent players might be bearable. Anyway, that's why TW started a full time team.

34 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Some fud on Facebook reckons Andy Ryan is offski and that we've already resigned 9 players for next seasonemoji23.png would it be because we are dishing out two year contracts?

We haven't resigned anyone it's just that their contracts have another year to go.

Andy Ryan has a year left, so if he's going, the club are obviously getting decent money for him.Perhaps it will help to offset the losses T W has run up!!!

Who in their right mind is going to pay money for a 22 year old striker who has already failed at a higher level and so far in his career only had one good season.

If I was a Dundee Utd/ St Mirren/ Falkirk, I'd go for a player like Greig Spence at Alloa who has a very similar goal scoring record this season and has proven himself over a few seasons (and at a higher level).

You would think a club would need to pay at least £50k or so to sign up. That would be utter lunacy.

To summarise, please don't go Andy. :lol:

50 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Who in their right mind is going to pay money for a 22 year old striker who has already failed at a higher level and so far in his career only had one good season.

If I was a Dundee Utd/ St Mirren/ Falkirk, I'd go for a player like Greig Spence at Alloa who has a very similar goal scoring record this season and has proven himself over a few seasons (and at a higher level).

You would think a club would need to pay at least £50k or so to sign up. That would be utter lunacy.

To summarise, please don't go Andy. :lol:

Andy Ryan didn't fail at a higher level at Hamilton as they wanted to keep him Andy decided to leave because he realised 15 minutes a week wasn't going to help his career and he also got young player of the month in the SPL whilst with Hamilton.

He had spell with Arbroath and the fans rated him highly. Andy spent the second half of last season at Forfar and also did very well.

Andy isn't a one season wonder and based on his goalscoring and his age I believe couple of teams in the SPL will be interested. However I would much rather he remained at Airdrie 

6 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Andy Ryan didn't fail at a higher level at Hamilton as they wanted to keep him Andy decided to leave because he realised 15 minutes a week wasn't going to help his career and he also got young player of the month in the SPL whilst with Hamilton.

He had spell with Arbroath and the fans rated him highly. Andy spent the second half of last season at Forfar and also did very well.

Andy isn't a one season wonder and based on his goalscoring and his age I believe couple of teams in the SPL will be interested. However I would much rather he remained at Airdrie 

I think there may have even a touch of irony in Diamond Oracle's post. The clue was in the last sentence.

Maybe "fail" was a bit harsh, but he was unable to nail down a starting place at Hamilton who are hardly world beaters.

I also didn't say he is a one season wonder. I have no doubt he'll go onto better things, however the fact remains that he's to date had one good goal scoring season in his career so far. Big gamble paying £££ for him.

Archived