Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

I'd like someone from the club to try and justify the entry fee to me. Won't be able to make the q&a due to work but I hope I gets brought up.

Crowds wont increase enough at a lower price to make playing at the stadium sustainable financially. Pretty sure that will be the answer. Something like £12 would be about fair, which is a 25% decrease in price, so we'd need a 25% increase in support to make that viable. Would that decrease in price result in a 200+ fan increase in support to make up the gap? There is 'only one way to find out', but if we try it and find out it doesn't then we'd be in big trouble financially.

Crowds wont increase enough at a lower price to make playing at the stadium sustainable financially. Pretty sure that will be the answer. Something like £12 would be about fair, which is a 25% decrease in price, so we'd need a 25% increase in support to make that viable. Would that decrease in price result in a 200+ fan increase in support to make up the gap? There is 'only one way to find out', but if we try it and find out it doesn't then we'd be in big trouble financially.

If only those 200 extra fans turned up two weeks ago eh?

Only to be served up shite on a platter.

However, take your point. You have to bank on what you know.

4 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

If only those 200 extra fans turned up two weeks ago eh?

Only to be served up shite on a platter.

However, take your point. You have to bank on what you know.

Attendances on 2nd January are always far higher than a standard Saturday so that can't be taken as an indicator. Look at any game we've played on the 2nd Jan and you'll see a big increase, same with every club. 1000 more fans attended the Raith v Dunfermline game on the 2nd Jan than did in the same fixture back in August. We had 500 more at that Rovers game than the previous home game against Rovers. You're right about turning those fans off by not performing when we get a big gate though.

Anyway I was just predicting what the club's response would be to why the price is what it is, I wasn't necessarily agreeing with them.

Archived