Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Guest LonglivetheKING

Has anyone mentioned Ross Docherty yet? He'd solve a lot of problems, he'd weaken an opponent, and he fits the "demograph" the club adopted. He'd maybe cost slightly more than budget but would be worth it.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are Airdrie likely to pay as a full time club? Surely no more than 250-300 which is only likely to attract young jobbers.

I assume the chairman is willing to lose a lot of money going full time on crowds of 6/700.

I just don't see how this works,

Colin Paterson confirming that talks will get under way tonight to start building next seasons squad with the only 2 official departures at the moment being Parry and Cox, no mention of Watt being a definite leaver though, perhaps a change of heart on this front?

Colin Paterson confirming that talks will get under way tonight to start building next seasons squad with the only 2 official departures at the moment being Parry and Cox, no mention of Watt being a definite leaver though, perhaps a change of heart on this front?

Did the Airdrie website not confirm that he had signed a pre-contract with Livingston or was that just a rumour?

To add to your rumour mill, I have reason to believe that Ally Love has been offered a deal with you guys.

Wouldn't mind him signing in all honesty, 13 goals for the season isn't bad in a team that only scored 40 in total.

What are Airdrie likely to pay as a full time club? Surely no more than 250-300 which is only likely to attract young jobbers.

I assume the chairman is willing to lose a lot of money going full time on crowds of 6/700.

I just don't see how this works,

I'm not sure either, but you just have to go with it.... :/

King: "I personally think it is a crime that [Danny Lennon] is out of the game and I'm sure he will be back full-time sooner rather than later.â€

Sounds like he's not expected to be with us next season, then.  But it's not certain that EWB will be managing in the same capacity as he was before he took ill. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/airdrieonians-hopeful-eddie-wolecki-black-7893900#ICID=sharebar_twitter#Y4lx5AFSS1VMUSxb.97

King: "I personally think it is a crime that [Danny Lennon] is out of the game and I'm sure he will be back full-time sooner rather than later.â€

Sounds like he's not expected to be with us next season, then. But it's not certain that EWB will be managing in the same capacity as he was before he took ill.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/airdrieonians-hopeful-eddie-wolecki-black-7893900#ICID=sharebar_twitter#Y4lx5AFSS1VMUSxb.97

EWB will be back, not as manager but as a director of football, head of coaching or a similar role. As such, I think it will be difficult to attract a 1st team manager if they have to work under Eddie.

EWB will be back, not as manager but as a director of football, head of coaching or a similar role. As such, I think it will be difficult to attract a 1st team manager if they have to work under Eddie.

I think that's the best we could have hoped for.  So, who are we likely to get as first team manager, then?  

Archived