Stirling Albion Thread

How's young McLaughlin getting on? I know he struggled to get into the team in the first half of the season but have noticed him starting and scoring recently.

It’s already been said above, but he is turning into a really good player for us, if he can keep it up then he’ll be vital for any promotion push/success I’m sure

On 25/03/2018 at 13:25, rhliston said:

First of all I`d make it quite clear as a Trust Member and Supporter, Shareholder in Stirling Albion, that I`m NOT a Stuart Brown fan. Think Stuart has done a good job as Chairman of Stirling Albion over the years but his meddling in the appointment of the current manager where he produced another candidate at the final shift of 2, a person who did NOT apply for the job clearly beggars belief.  For that reason I believe its time for Stuart to go and be replaced by someone else.

Furthermore, I am told that Stuart Brown put round a petition in the dressing room trying to get signatures from the then squad to support Martin Corrigan being appointed as manager.  This in an endeavour to thwart the Trust's ambitions to have Dave Mackay appointed.

Furthermore, I am told that Stuart Brown put round a petition in the dressing room trying to get signatures from the then squad to support Martin Corrigan being appointed as manager.  This in an endeavour to thwart the Trust's ambitions to have Dave Mackay appointed.

Sounds like a rumour that one. I know the players wanted Corrigan because they were all pals with #topcoach.

3 things that jump out to me with this news, which is news to me.

1) The players I knew that were involved in the squad at the time have never mentioned a petitioning. I was told, by more than 1 player that the squad was told by Corrigan that if they kept winning and could turn the form around, then he would get the job full time, something the senior players in the squad were in favour of.

2) Mackay’s name wasn’t even in the mix (he was still a player at St.Johnstone) when Corrigan walked as Caretaker, James Fowler was the man the club wanted and he knocked us back to go to St.Mirren.

3) The Exc Board are in place to run the club, on behalf of the Trust. The Trust shouldn’t be over ruling The Exc anyway, after all, they are in the positions they are in because it is believed that these people have the skills to run a football club. If this did indeed happen, then the Trust had no right to block the Exc on this matter.

We have had a fair bit of mud slinging by ex Trust members over the past month or 2 and I suspect this is another one of those,l.

When the Trust Board resigned in disgrace (they would have been sacked the following Monday anyway) and walked out, there were a few moments of confusion. Paul Goodwin did an impression of Ben Johnston to get to the front of the hall. I stood up to get a show of hands to whether we should elect an interim Board until a fresh Board could be elected by the Membership.
Paul Goodwin was desperate to get in there and I told him that he was not the person who would help in this situation. When Goodwin did start to self-publicise, sorry speak, he got a hostile reaction from many present. Pleasing. Bye bye Paul.
June, a member of the consortium and somewhat experienced in running a large Industrial & Provident Society, was able to take the meeting forward with some helpful words and eventually Duncan Strathdee was chosen to be a spokesman for the Trust and organise a meeting of the Trust to elect a new Board.

Ken Lewandowski started the meeting with a statement and told bare faced lies about intimidation and threats from supporters being the reason for the lot of them resigning en mass. Supporters called him out on his lies during the statement as it was obvious that they were about to walk out and there would be no right of reply. Such is the class of the man he referred to one regular critic of him as a “Fat b*****d” on the way out.

If I'd known Goodwin was going to be there I'd have been round to finally get from him the copy of his book that I won in his  competition and which never arrived!!

I know the supporters trust have been getting pelters but it’s been one way traffic.
Playing devils advocate, below are the arguments I've heard being put forward for Stuart Brown leaving.I’d like to hear what his backers say in response.

Under Stuart Brown the club is now a League 2 club, way below where Albion should be.
Top young talent signed on amateur forms so hoovered up for nothing by Premiership clubs, not once but twice.
Being slow to tell the owners about interest in the club and two police investigations into coaches.
Being a walloper on social media. The youth academy operating outside of the club with no audit of accounts or the youth players disappearing to the USA.

Says he’s a great believer in democracy yet not been elected in seven years. Even Putin stands every six years!
There was a vote last year where members voted for him to be removed but he’s still here.

Having been elected by the members to look after the best interests of the club, are the trust board not entitled to change who runs the club?
Is that really a vandetta?

PS I'm not a Trust Board member or fan.

The only person who seems to think that there is a problem with the way the accounts of the Stirling Albion Junior Academy are handled is Mark Howarth, who has stood up at the last three public meetings of the Trust and got stuck into Stuart Brown each and every time.
He is not a (now former) Trust Board member and, without doubt, has an agenda against Stuart Brown. Someone told me his laddie was released by the Junior Academy but I have no evidence to support this assertion.
Hello Mark.

Your analysis is wrong.

Perhaps addressing the points I put forward might help you and your chums run the club properly now instead of revelling in the kind of disgusting and shameful scenes witnessed at the Golden Lion on Monday. This is supposed to be a senior football club.

As a start, it might help if you knew the difference between the Junior Academy and the Youth Academy.

I truly fear for Stirling Albion.

Your analysis is wrong.
Perhaps addressing the points I put forward might help you and your chums run the club properly now instead of revelling in the kind of disgusting and shameful scenes witnessed at the Golden Lion on Monday. This is supposed to be a senior football club.
As a start, it might help if you knew the difference between the Junior Academy and the Youth Academy.

You’re right, a Chairman telling downright lies to justify his own shortcomings is disgusting and shameful. He had to be called out on his lies before his walk of shame oot the door as it was clear he was doing a runner like a coward.
The arrogance of the man would not allow him to accept the verdict of the Trust Membership the following Monday and went before he was pushed while unsuccessfully trying to blame others for his going.

Your analysis is wrong.
Perhaps addressing the points I put forward might help you and your chums run the club properly now instead of revelling in the kind of disgusting and shameful scenes witnessed at the Golden Lion on Monday.

What “disgusting and shameful scenes” are you talking about Mark? The ones that KL and Co made up? I didn’t see any at the meeting I was at.

What I saw was a bunch of men who knew their time was up and knew that a large group of fans were onto them, there was no way to turn so they quit before the Vote of No Confidence was successful against them and spread lies about their reasons.

What abuse did they take? What vandalism was KL referring too?

Don’t worry, the club will now be run properly and people who are fit and proper to run as part of the Trust will stand forward for election, but no doubt former Trust members will pull the club through the mud and play the victim card for a little longer yet.

14 hours ago, King Crownest said:

Why? The actual club is being run as normal. Events of the other night have no bearing on that. In actual fact, there's a better chance the consortium will have their bid accepted now - all necessary due diligence pending - which will hopefully move the club forward in ways it's never been managed before. 

But that doesn't fit in with your agenda, does it Mark/Travis/KingCrownest etc 

Under Stuart Brown the club is now a League 2 club, way below where Albion should be

Unfortunately you cannot pin the blame for this entirely of SB. Some shocking manager appointments by the Exec aside, they have supported the managers with better than average budgets.

Top young talent signed on amateur forms so hoovered up for nothing by Premiership clubs, not once but twice.

Unfortunate that we find couldn’t sign them on better contracts but paying off £300k debt over seven years wasn’t achieved without difficult decisions being made. Being debt-free was top priority and losing a couple of players who may or not make it was the price paid to get debt-free.

Being slow to tell the owners about interest in the club and two police investigations into coaches.

Time will tell if Brown did anything wrong here. Not telling the Trust about it may well prove to be consistent with a strong child protection policy. I with Broon on this one.

Being a walloper on social media.

He’s calmed right down on this. Lessons learned

The youth academy operating outside of the club with no audit of accounts or the youth players disappearing to the USA.

You keep banging on about this Mark and everyone is still yawning. Even when you suggested that £500k was missing from the club accounts being a sensationalist version of the Junior Academy accounts being done separately. Don’t see why the Junior Academy accounts should necessarily by part of the club accounts?

Says he’s a great believer in democracy yet not been elected in seven years. Even Putin stands every six years!

The structure of the club is set by the Trust. The Trust members have owned the club for 7.75 years and have never had the vision to find a proper model for accountability of the Exec to the Trust members. Not Brown’s failure this one.

The advisory vote held at 1st Mayfield meeting was just that. Considering the Trust Board had all their plants in like Brian Kerr, Willie Irvine and Mark Howarth then no wonder they edged the advisory vote. The meeting was held at relatively short notice but I bet all the Anti-Brown stooges knew well before that.

Don't think they had one - Jamie "the legend" Picken came in on loan when Mark was injured.

edit  - although on further reflection they may have signed 90 year old Stewart Robertson around that time.

Edited by drs

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Daz clean sweep of everything except YPOTY.

Young Player- Lee Hamilton, not sure if he qualifies for that though?

Agree Darren Smith should win and Le Hamilton is only 19/20 I believe so should qualify for Young Player of the Year.