Stirling Albion Thread

As though White was going to leave Wrexham to return to LOLbion.

Oor Jake still an absolute melter I see.

Weirder things have happened. Let a guy dream.

ETA: LOLbion? Thats some of the most recycled and shite patter I have ever seen, be ashamed of yourself.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/stirling-albion-manager-dave-mackay-10504503

So, given the players who are currently signed on for next season and suspecting that Forsyth will be a back up option, that's 6-8 new players we can expect to sign. 

Looking at the squad, I think Mackay is right in saying we need better quality than the players who have left. It's still very early days but I'm sure, by the time the season starts, this will be the first time in history where all 10 teams will have real aspirations of making the Play Offs.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/stirling-albion-manager-dave-mackay-10504503
So, given the players who are currently signed on for next season and suspecting that Forsyth will be a back up option, that's 6-8 new players we can expect to sign. 
Looking at the squad, I think Mackay is right in saying we need better quality than the players who have left. It's still very early days but I'm sure, by the time the season starts, this will be the first time in history where all 10 teams will have real aspirations of making the Play Offs.

We certainly need full backs & a striker. Hopefully we'll get Dickson tied down for another season as well.

Next season is going to be one of the most competitive, hard to call whats going to happen.

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Whatever happend to Sandy Cunningham who played for you and was highly rated? 

He moved down to England, I'm not sure if it was Uni/Work related or whatever but he quit the club and moved down there.

Started last season at  Dulwich Hampton then moved to Gray's Athletic before finishing the season at Tooting and scoring the goal that won them the Play Offs/League.

Edited by BB_Bino

Dave Mackay in this weeks Observer saying that he will bring in an experienced Goalkeeper to push Cammy Binnie. He also went on to say that Sean Dickson has until this weekend to get in touch to let him know if he is signing the contract on offer (unconfirmed rumours are that he is off to Stenny) now that he is back from holiday.

In other news, he is close to agreeing a deal with Andy Little for a further year now that he has been given the 'all clear' from the Doctors and has spoken to Mackay about his desire to play again. Finally, it was mentioned the we lost out on 1 of the clubs signing targets but should be in a position to announce 1 or 2 new signings next week, however it will not be Calvin Colquhoun (who was released by Dundee) as Mackay has no interest in signing him after his form dip last season and is happy with the cover we have in Centre Midfield.

Dickson could do much better than fucking Stenny, going by his end of season form. Would expect him to sign considering Robertson is staying.

Andy Little is clearly too good for this level and if we can keep him fit he'll score a barrel load of goals, big if though.

I see Connor McLaren was released off St Johnstone, wonder if he'll be returning to Forthbank.

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Dave Mackay in this weeks Observer saying that he will bring in an experienced Goalkeeper to push Cammy Binnie. He also went on to say that Sean Dickson has until this weekend to get in touch to let him know if he is signing the contract on offer (unconfirmed rumours are that he is off to Stenny) now that he is back from holiday.

Sean Dickson confirmed as signing on for next season on Club website twitter section.

Gutted to see that Rossco is moving on, a true Albion legend.

Agree been a good servant to the Albion for a number of years, not only as player but also coach to Under 20s and Assistant Manager as well.

Good to see the Club has given him a Testimonial for his service well deserved.

Rumour on Rave On Frazier Wright will be the new Assistant Manager if true does not surprise me.

Wonder who his testimonial will be against?

No matter who it's against, I hope theres a big Albion support to say a final farewell to a legend.

Agree hope Stuart Brown pulls out all the stops for this game.

A decent draw, should pick up 3 points against Falkirk, like last season.

Is the Caley Thistle game away?

Disagree mate, totally uninspiring draw but hey ho. Club will workout the fixtures between them and they'll be released next week.

Club have also announced a home friendly against Motherwell on the 1st of July.

Disagree mate, totally uninspiring draw but hey ho. Club will workout the fixtures between them and they'll be released next week.

Club have also announced a home friendly against Motherwell on the 1st of July.

Falkirk is a good draw and Caley, if away and on the Saturday, is also a great away day.

Brechin and Forfar is very very meh.

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Connor McMullan signed for next year, Under 20`s midfield player who made his first team debut last season.

I'm not exactly sure what role he will play next season. Someone who will be a First Team regular, in and out the starting line up, nothing more than a bench warmer....or, Development Squad "wait and see".....however, the lad impressed me when he came in last season, didn't look out of his depth and deserves the chance to be involved with the First Team and hopefully he can do better than other youngsters who have been given the chance over the past few seasons.

53 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I'm not exactly sure what role he will play next season. Someone who will be a First Team regular, in and out the starting line up, nothing more than a bench warmer....or, Development Squad "wait and see".....however, the lad impressed me when he came in last season, didn't look out of his depth and deserves the chance to be involved with the First Team and hopefully he can do better than other youngsters who have been given the chance over the past few seasons.

Think he will be in and out of the starting lineup for the coming season. Just hope he continues to develop and manages to hold down a regular first team spot.