Stirling Albion Thread

One thing with MacKay is that he says it straight and tells the truth. If that was McLaren no way would we of got some of that information. Also good to here him say Foden was shite. All though not using those words

McLaren was a bumbling fuckwit, the guy basically read a script. Mackay was very honest.

I agreed with his comments on Foden. The abuse he got was pretty cruel, I include myself in that.

6 minutes ago, Matty1945 said:

One thing with MacKay is that he says it straight and tells the truth. If that was McLaren no way would we of got some of that information. Also good to here him say Foden was shite. All though not using those words

Agree re comments regarding the Q&A session in the Supporters Bar before the match with Dave MacKay. Came across well as someone who has the best interests of the Club at heart. Clearly hope we do the business this season and get to at least the playoffs this year. 

17 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Appears a Premier League footballer wants to buy us. But the trust have said we are not for sale.

Also very pleasing to hear we are almost debt free.

So you'd rather hang about the bottom league for ever more, until your inevitable demise into the Lowland League, instead of having investment in the club?

So you'd rather hang about the bottom league for ever more, until your inevitable demise into the Lowland League, instead of having investment in the club?

No. I want investment but I also want the trust to continue what they're doing.

4 hours ago, Jason King said:

You seem to associate investment with success.  In football that is rarely the case. Both our club and trust are in a healthy financial suituation.  Not all clubs can say that. Ask your chairman.  Albion fans are seeing the logic of being in the black.

If community ownership comes calling to your club, grasp it with both hands.

4 hours ago, Jason King said:

4 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

No. I want investment but I also want the trust to continue what they're doing.

At least with the Trust guys running things you know its people who are there for the good of the club, some mystery footballer possibly on an ego trip could very well be a different matter.

It was interesting to read the other week that the late Peter McKenzie had better offers to sell the club than the trust offered but he sold it to them as he knew the club would be in the right hands.

Exactly. I think it took Peter a while to come round to the idea that the Trust had the business acumen to run the club but ultimately he made the right decision.
With that legacy it would be difficult for people to pass it on even if they were promised "warchests" from people who were absent in 2010.

At least with the Trust guys running things you know its people who are there for the good of the club, some mystery footballer possibly on an ego trip could very well be a different matter.

Exactly. If we sold out and this mystery footballer throws a ton of money at the club but then decides he's losing money by doing so, so pulls out. The hard work of the trust will be undone and we'll be back to square one.

• 2 weeks later...