Stirling Albion Thread

Sean Dickson away on holiday again. Prosum tomorrows closed door game to queens park will mainly be u20's then.

If that had happened last season I'd be worried but we have good cover now so not bothered, hope he enjoys himself and gets himself back in a fit state :lol:

16 hours ago, Jamesy lawd said:

stirling used to be a good team now yous are shit a rekon youl be close to botom this season but glad you got berick diddys as thay will finish bottom berick relagated then cowdenbeath then stirling you herd it here first bet money on it if a had any lol

Nice try, but ultimately it's only another failure from you. You try so hard to appear illiterate with misspelling and bad grammar, we all know that's only a ploy to cover your erudition.

Congrats to you lads on getting through the Betfred group stage. Hope you get the draw you want in the next round . All the best for the coming season.

Congrats to you lads on getting a whole point in the group stages. Better than I expected. All the best for the coming season.

Good read that.

Interesting when Mackay says he'll sign maybe one more if someone leaves, perhaps he's talking about Henderson?

On the back of the Jordan Burt article, Dave Mackays comments in this week's Stirling Observer are interesting:

He said "I had a chat with Blair as he's obviously wondering why he is not playing but he needs to show me more than he has shown. He needs to improve his fitness and be a better all-round player to play in the system that we want to play. We want to press from the front and he is maybe more suited to playing with two up front. I have no issues with Blair and he has never caused me a problem but he can definitely improve - he's someone who scored 20-odd goals for Berwick a couple of seasons ago. It's not quite worked out the way he or Stirling would have liked but i wouldn't say the door is closed. If he shows me enough to get back involved in the squad then the door will be open for him".

On the back of the Jordan Burt article, Dave Mackays comments in this week's Stirling Observer are interesting:

He said "I had a chat with Blair as he's obviously wondering why he is not playing but he needs to show me more than he has shown. He needs to improve his fitness and be a better all-round player to play in the system that we want to play. We want to press from the front and he is maybe more suited to playing with two up front. I have no issues with Blair and he has never caused me a problem but he can definitely improve - he's someone who scored 20-odd goals for Berwick a couple of seasons ago. It's not quite worked out the way he or Stirling would have liked but i wouldn't say the door is closed. If he shows me enough to get back involved in the squad then the door will be open for him".

You can understand if Blair is getting anoyed not playing but if this is what MacKay is saying to him then he has no argument.

19 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Says it all in that article, until Blair Henderson gets his finger out and works hard to adjust to the system Dave MacKay wants to play then he will be on the sidelines. Disappointed regarding the part re his fitness would have felt that a young player like him would have not needed to be told to improve his fitness. 

Time will tell if Blair Henderson fits in but it does not look good for his future at the Club, if after a few months he is still on the sidelines maybe a move away would suit both parties. Reckon if that is the case that will free up much needed funds for the promotion push in Jan  :thumsup2