Stirling Albion Thread

2 minutes ago, forthbankArmy said:

Chris Smith signed for Stenny today. Not sure he's made the step up I expected him to make.

He's not, he's traded like for like, but it's a good move for him and he'll be a great asset for Stenny

Good signing for Stenny, they're starting to build a decent side.

So far I am happy with Mackay's signings and who he's kept, hoping for some more though to build a team capable of mounting a title fight.

Both The Sun and The Scotsman reporting what we all suspected, Frazer Wright is set to be announced as Assistant Manager.

The Sun report says:

"Stirling Albion manager Dave Mackay is to be reunited with his Scottish Cup defensive winning partner Frazer Wright.

The duo were part of St.Johnstone's silverware clinching side of 2014 and Wright is set to be named as Binos assistant manager today.

Wright is in line to take the Stirling squad for their initial pre-season training sessions as Mackay is attending the Uefa Under 21 tournament as part of his coaching development."

21 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

He's not, he's traded like for like, but it's a good move for him and he'll be a great asset for Stenny

Think Chris Smith has moved to a team that is not as big as the Albion, no disrespect to Stenny but good luck to him hope we pip then for the title. :)

Think Chris Smith has moved to a team that is not as big as the Albion, no disrespect to Stenny but good luck to him hope we pip then for the title. [emoji4]

Stenny are tiny compared to the famous Albion.

"I didn't and I don't want football to be my life anymore": The Andy Little Story - Part One

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/06/19/i-didnt-and-i-dont-want-football-to-be-my-life-anymore-the-andy-little-story-part-one/

This is an interview I conducted with Andy Little last week. Part Two out tomorrow. 

55 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Thanks for that, an interesting read. Seems an honest, grounded bloke. Hope he has an injury free remainder to his career and enjoys playing football again.

I see Ross McMillian, the big useless lump, has signed for BSC Glasgow.

Doubt he's even good enough for the Lowland League tbh.

Good signing for them. Injury took it's toll on McMillan and people tend to forget he was a good player for us before it happened. No doubt at all that he was finished at this level, however he is more than capable for the Lowland League and good luck to him.