Stirling Albion Thread

2 hours ago, Yellow Feet said:

It's an interesting one this. He scored 22 at this level with Rangers, but that was Rangers. I'd imagine that wasn't hard. If you think about it Sutherland will likely top that with Elgin.

Would still imagine he'll bang them in and it fucking delights me that Hendo and his shite headband is getting punted down the pecking order.

Still though, is there a reason his career went Rangers, Preston, Blackpool..... Stirling Albion? We'll wait and see.

I suspect Little and Henderson will be our front line. Can only wait and see how that works out. But I agree with your insinuation about his career appearing to be on the skids. Hope he proves me wrong!

Still though, is there a reason his career went Rangers, Preston, Blackpool..... Stirling Albion? We'll wait and see.

Yes, Andy Little had a short-lived scoring streak with Rangers, given a run of games as an emergency striker when there were few other options available. Good player back then though. McCoist was a fool letting him go when he did IMO.

Despite that scoring streak, I think possibly the thing with Little during most of his time at Rangers was that he was perhaps TOO versatile? Always seemed that he never had a best position and was unlucky that there was usually somebody better ahead of him and natural to the positions he played. I wonder if that's maybe also been the case during his time in England...?

Good luck to him though. Hope he does well at Stirling.

I think Little will be a superb player for Albion.

I heard him recently saying that he wanted to play somewhere where he could start enjoying his football again, he always gave 100% for us, hope it works out for him.

^^^This.

7 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Dave Mackay has said that we are going to be bringing in a CB for Saturday and I'm also sure I read on Rave On that we are linked with Falkirk midfielder Thomas Grant.

Unless you mean a different Thomas Grant, he's now at Fleetwood Town.

4 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Unless you mean a different Thomas Grant, he's now at Fleetwood Town.

He's not listed in their first team squad, there is a Bobby Grant with them though. It seems the story on Rave On originated in the Daily Record so there's every chance of it being inaccurate.

Edited by AlbionMan

26 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

He's not listed in their first team squad, there is a Bobby Grant with them though. It seems the story on Rave On originated in the Daily Record so there's every chance of it being inaccurate.

I posted it on Rave On. The Record had a snippet in yesterday's paper saying Stenny and ourselves are linked with ex Falkirk and Arbroath midfielder Thomas Grant. He is the bloke who now appears to be at Fleetwood. As Albion Man says, it being in the Record probably means it's a load of bollocks.

11 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

David Verlaque has signed with us until the end of the season. He any good?

Started well for us but fell out of favour with McLaren and MacKay. Played mostly for us at right back but more of a right sided midfielder imo. Could be a good signing for you if played in the right position.