Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

Always looked pretty solid when I seen him at Stenny and Ayr, thought he was older than 31. Good signing. Be good to get Bain over to the right and Travis into the centre.

Bain on the right is exceptional news . Just doesn't work on the left for him, nothing against him he's a great player

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bogs_Dollox said:

Bain on the right is exceptional news . Just doesn't work on the left for him, nothing against him he's a great player

Aye he's brilliant going forward on the right. Travis and TOB in the middle for me now would be ideal.

Player Pot funds secured Eddie Malone transfer deal.

Forfar Athletic officials, not least manager Gary Bollan were delighted when we were able to secure the services of Eddie Malone from Spartans late last week.

Eddie went on to make his debut in the 1-0 win over Edinburgh City on Saturday past.

In these hard financial times for all clubs at our level where every ‘penny’ counts, the fact that ‘Loons’ officials were able to sanction the modest fee involved with a potential add on if we attain promotion this season was due to the monies raised over the past year in the ‘Player Pot’ scheme.

Although this fund raiser did not meet with great response when launched in comparison to for example to the ‘Buy a Brick’ scheme set up last month, it has still brought in vital revenue to the club and in particular the funds available to the Manager.

Any supporter interested in further detail at this juncture on the ‘Player Pot’ initiative , make contact with any club official or e mail Scott Murdie on murdeas@btinternet.com.

Manager watching Jeanfield friendly tonight......either to watch the big guy in Midfield or somebody is heading out...Malks for Montrose assistant?

Maybe just taking in a game? Jeanfield not vastly improved? Even id be interested in a nosey.

Malcolm surely won't leave at this stage of the season, pointless.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Maybe just taking in a game? Jeanfield not vastly improved? Even id be interested in a nosey.

Well he missed training so something was up.....Jeanfield were atrocious....should have been a cricket score!! 4-0 when i left...not pointless for Montrose, we are covered in defence now.

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Our captain leaving when we are likely to win the division? I know he hasn't been great in recent weeks but is still an important member of the squad. No problem with him joining up with Petrie in the close season (maybe having retired on a high?). Great servant to the club.

Well he missed training so something was up.....Jeanfield were atrocious....should have been a cricket score!! 4-0 when i left...not pointless for Montrose, we are covered in defence now.

We were poor last night. Didnt help injuries, work, illness and international duty robbed us of 8 players then we picked up 2 injuries & played last 20/25 with 10 men.

Good exercise for us though and worked on fitness and allowed a lot of the younger members of the squad to play.

I have watched a lot of east 20s this season and there are lots of talented players in the Forfar team.

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Signed a young left back on loan from Ross county, probably all our business finished for the window.

Hopefully get to see a defence of Bain right back, Travis and TOB centre and the new boy left back

Malone was signed as a Left back......??

Archived