Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't actually think you're the best team in this league. Elgin for me anyway are better, and I won't say ourselves because that would be biased.

I would agree that Elgin have looked the best team I've seen the league but they clearly have had problems at times too and we have picked up points when haven't played well which is always supposed to be a good sign. We have also had some really good performances too (5-1 at home to Annan, 3-2 home to Elgin, 3-0 away to Stirling spring to immediate mind)

If Annan beat Elgin Saturday are they in with an (outside) chance of title. Any other result and it's surely down to the 3 teams that have been 1-3 nearly all season.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All ifs and buts - but in essence (if I've read it right) - 6 wins to include the two matches v Arbroath and Elgin would get us to 73 points and mean that Arbroath would have to win their remaining 8 matches to also hit 73 points and would also knock Elgin out of the race. 

Need to start picking up wins from Saturday but the pressure is (currently) still with those playing catch up.

Realistically we really need to get to the game at Station Park in a position where, if we win, we only need to beat the Forfar points total for the last 4 games to win the league.

We have a slightly superior goal difference so 4 points adrift going into that game and coming away 1 point behind would be a good target.

Forfar well in the driving seat. Win the games against Elgin and us and I think the rest of the games will almost take care of themselves.

Realistically we really need to get to the game at Station Park in a position where, if we win, we only need to beat the Forfar points total for the last 4 games to win the league.
We have a slightly superior goal difference so 4 points adrift going into that game and coming away 1 point behind would be a good target.

Forfar well in the driving seat. Win the games against Elgin and us and I think the rest of the games will almost take care of themselves.

Arbroath thread for this pish...

• 3 weeks later...
Bump.

Fond memories with the team photo in Monday's Courier.

Oh to have a Knox, Rae or Henry in midfield today.

In fact any of that side you would fancy to get a strip.

Make's you realise how privileged it was to follow the Loons at that time.

e8209e2273d75caf900fd0d01d0dea41.jpg

3 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

No match thread for the Arbroath game yet obviously - but checked at lunchtime - TOB and Coxy both out for that one - totting up suspension.  

Wonderful!!! Could this last quarter get any better? Certainly our best two players this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would appear some fans are not happy about "freedom of speech" on the official FB page, since the away game at Elgin in March there have been no match scores due to the fact that there would be inevitable 'comments' about the massive 11pt lead slipping away. I personally do not understand it, when we were riding high it seemed the praise being lavished on the team was ok but now criticism isn't ...thoughts anyone?

Some of the comments were a bit personal towards certain individuals and were less than constructive so were removed, that said some perfectly good and reasonable comments and questions were also deleted. You're correct that they should allow freedom of speech when it's without abuse. Unpleasantness should be removed as it is the official page. Thankfully we have this thread to vent our frustrations on.  Pointless contacting the club as they don't always give credence to real concerns (we've talked about this previously in private).

Some of the comments were a bit personal towards certain individuals and were less than constructive so were removed, that said some perfectly good and reasonable comments and questions were also deleted. You're correct that they should allow freedom of speech when it's without abuse. Unpleasantness should be removed as it is the official page. Thankfully we have this thread to vent our frustrations on.  Pointless contacting the club as they don't always give credence to real concerns (we've talked about this previously in private).

100% agree. This forum gives people the chance to make some slightly more critical comments than the official Facebook page.

It would appear some fans are not happy about "freedom of speech" on the official FB page, since the away game at Elgin in March there have been no match scores due to the fact that there would be inevitable 'comments' about the massive 11pt lead slipping away. I personally do not understand it, when we were riding high it seemed the praise being lavished on the team was ok but now criticism isn't ...thoughts anyone?

Couldn't of put it better .

Your good at making banners #anychanceforsaturday #henrymustgo

Archived