djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

2,776 posts in this topic

More than likely one for our U20s but we've signed 18 year old Evan Horne from Dunfermline Athletic.

Looks like we're one of a number of clubs going after Airdrie's Andy Ryan if The Sun is to be believed. Scored loads of goals last season but under contract so there'd be a fee - or we could tell them they can keep Hutton...

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Looks like we're one of a number of clubs going after Airdrie's Andy Ryan if The Sun is to be believed. Scored loads of goals last season but under contract so there'd be a fee - or we could tell them they can keep Hutton...

We should be paying Airdrie a fee to take Hutton, probably the worst player I've ever seen in stripes.

We should be paying Airdrie a fee to take Hutton, probably the worst player I've ever seen in stripes.

I would sincerely hope we're not that f***ing daft or desperate that we'd take any kind of deal involving Hutton for Ryan. I'd think anyone that wants him is going to need to stump up the cash.

8 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

I would sincerely hope we're not that f***ing daft or desperate that we'd take any kind of deal involving Hutton for Ryan. I'd think anyone that wants him is going to need to stump up the cash.

There hasn't been anything official but we just want to make sure that Hutton is told to find another club.

It seems unbelievable that our ex Sevco loving manager saw fit to give him a two year contract.

We don't care where he goes as long as it's out the door. If we have to pay a fee for Ryan then so be it.

There hasn't been anything official but we just want to make sure that Hutton is told to find another club.

It seems unbelievable that our ex Sevco loving manager saw fit to give him a two year contract.

We don't care where he goes as long as it's out the door. If we have to pay a fee for Ryan then so be it.

Most of us accept he'll be away for next season - he should be playing at a higher level. We just don't want to see a derisory offer accepted - at the end of the day, he's still under contract.

1 minute ago, She who dares gins said:

Most of us accept he'll be away for next season - he should be playing at a higher level. We just don't want to see a derisory offer accepted - at the end of the day, he's still under contract.

What's the general opinion on Hutton anyway....would you have him back?

1 minute ago, She who dares gins said:

I would imagine that there will be sufficient interest from other clubs to guarantee you guys a decent fee if he's under contract.

With us selling Stevie Mallan for about 300k there will be funds for Jack Ross to boost our squad.

What's the general opinion on Hutton anyway....would you have him back?

Most of us would say no. He's been rotten at times and not really the type of player we need when you look at the wider squad and who we have under contract.

9 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Most of us would say no. He's been rotten at times and not really the type of player we need when you look at the wider squad and who we have under contract.

Not surprised in the least, the very fact that's he's struggled at league one tells us all we need to know.

I don't know if he ever had the ability but looks like a league 2 standard or junior level to me.

42 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Not surprised in the least, the very fact that's he's struggled at league one tells us all we need to know.

I don't know if he ever had the ability but looks like a league 2 standard or junior level to me.

I reckoned he'd be in the juniors or the Lowland League within five years but judging by the views of Airdrie fans it'll take half that time. His best hope is Rae or Barry Ferguson finds a new club and signs him.

Somehow he has a Scotland under-21 cap!

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

I reckoned he'd be in the juniors or the Lowland League within five years but judging by the views of Airdrie fans it'll take half that time. His best hope is Rae or Barry Ferguson finds a new club and signs him.

Somehow he has a Scotland under-21 cap!

Presumably from when he was with Rangers - different rules apply. 

He's worth about 30/40k at most, his value to Airdrie outstrips his transfer value considerably.

He's worth about 30/40k at most, his value to Airdrie outstrips his transfer value considerably.

I think we'd be looking for more than that, but can't claim to be in the know on any of these matters.

Yes he's important to us but providing we sort the big weaknesses in the squad out for next season, we'll be fine if he moves on.

You'll be looking for more than that, you won't get any more than that though.

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You'll be looking for more than that, you won't get any more than that though.

Yup, same as Saints fans would have been looking for a lot more than we got for Mallan and McAllister.

Yup, same as Saints fans would have been looking for a lot more than we got for Mallan and McAllister.

Time will tell. In any event I'm getting altitude sickness in this forum.

I'll away and slope back down a league!

OMG - feeling moist already!