The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yes, a lot of folk clung to the fact he was your player of the year as he stumbled from one disaster to the next. However, did he not only win one of the awards with Jordan Marshall taking most of them?

Not as far as I can recall. Marshall got all the Young Player of the Year Awards. He may have got a full player of the Year one from 1 or 2 of the supporter clubs but he certainly didn't get the main one which is always taken to be the Doonhamers Travel Club one which is the one the players and staff attend the function for.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yes, a lot of folk clung to the fact he was your player of the year as he stumbled from one disaster to the next. However, did he not only win one of the awards with Jordan Marshall taking most of them?

I will not have this Kyle Hutton bashing session, those 5 yard square passes he played were sublime when they reached there intended targets. Let's hope he hasn't slipped off Gary Naysmiths radar after a difficult spell in a terrible saints side. I will never forget the first time I saw him play for us at Livi as a sub, he strutted about like a majestic peacock and controlled the game like a Messi or Ronaldo would. 

I dream of a team of 11 Kyle Huttons and a one way ticket straight to the seaside leagues.

22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not as far as I can recall. Marshall got all the Young Player of the Year Awards. He may have got a full player of the Year one from 1 or 2 of the supporter clubs but he certainly didn't get the main one which is always taken to be the Doonhamers Travel Club one which is the one the players and staff attend the function for.

Going by the photos that were taken of the end of season awards presentations on the pitch Marshall got five awards (think two may have been young player) and one each for Lyle, Hutton and Dowie. Did Hutton also win the travel club one?

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Going by the photos that were taken of the end of season awards presentations on the pitch Marshall got five awards (think two may have been young player) and one each for Lyle, Hutton and Dowie. Did Hutton also win the travel club one?

Alright, CSI Dumfries...

25 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Yep. It's almost as if we're being run like a proper football club again.

Jordan Kirkpatrick has signed for you. He had a brilliant season with us when Jack Ross was assistant and was one of the best cam's in the league. As soon as Ross left Dumbarton he was never the same though and was quite overweight. After being released by us last season he joined Jack Ross at Alloa where he had a great season, contributing to lots of goals. Seems like a replacement for Mallan. He certainly won't be as good but that's still a very decent replacement.

29 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Jordan Kirkpatrick has signed for you. He had a brilliant season with us when Jack Ross was assistant and was one of the best cam's in the league. As soon as Ross left Dumbarton he was never the same though and was quite overweight. After being released by us last season he joined Jack Ross at Alloa where he had a great season, contributing to lots of goals. Seems like a replacement for Mallan. He certainly won't be as good but that's still a very decent replacement.

Our replacement for Mallan is Kyle Magennis, who as mentioned earlier, has signed until 2020, and he will be as good as Mallan.

Quite shocked at Kirkpatrick. He's very much a player who blows hot and cold, can be brilliant one game and be annonymous for the next 5 or 6.

That being said, he's far more suited to a team who will be on the front foot in games. I think that's why his most successful season with us was the year we finished 5th, playing some tremendous football along the way. In that sense he may well be a success with St Mirren, should you continue in the form that seen you avoid relegation last season.

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Our replacement for Mallan is Josh Magennis, who as mentioned earlier, has signed until 2020, and he will be as good as Mallan.

scottish-premiership-st-mirren-st-johnst

Sorry to do this to you again, but is it not Kyle Magennis?

nintchdbpict000282212263.jpg?w=828&strip=all

They do look quite similar I suppose...I mean, they both have arms, and a head ;)

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

scottish-premiership-st-mirren-st-johnst

Sorry to do this to you again, but is it not Kyle Magennis?

nintchdbpict000282212263.jpg?w=828&strip=all

They do look quite similar I suppose...I mean, they both have arms, and a head ;)

I'm not having a good day with names.:rolleyes:

Delighted for Kirky, he really should've kicked on after that season we finished 5th and Jack Ross obviously knows how dangerous he can be at this level. He can be a bit hot and cold at times but when he was hot for us he was tremendous. Hope this works out for him.

7 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Must be an age thing.

Why didn't you guys always wear white shorts with the home kit by the way? It looks tremendous.

Definitely age, aided and abetted by years of alcohol consumption.

Think the black shorts were a superstition thing with the team.

Archived