The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

Bit of an exaggeration. If Carswell can get a gig at this level Hutton can too.

He's the worst player I've ever seen playing even at this level.

Airdrie fans said he was nothing short of horrendous in league one

So his next step is most likely down another level or two.

He's the worst player I've ever seen playing even at this level.
Airdrie fans said he was nothing short of horrendous in league one
So his next step is most likely down another level or two.

Only a select few Airdrie fans thought he was horrendous. Not all of us did. He had more good games than bad. He certainly steadied our midfield after our captain Fitzpatrick was injured.

50 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

Only a select few Airdrie fans thought he was horrendous. Not all of us did. He had more good games than bad. He certainly steadied our midfield after our captain Fitzpatrick was injured.

He's available now so fill your boots if you guys want to sign him.

Im glad that we came to an agreement that allowed us to get him off the wage bill. It's all about opinions and he was for me a very poor player considering the level he previously played. 

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Kyle Magennis has signed a contract extension to keep him at the club until 2020.

Too much good news coming from the club lately....I don't like it! :P

It's like a parallel universe compared to the way the club has been run at times recently.

15 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Kyle Hutton's 'performance' in the 3-1 win over you lot at Cappielow earlier in the season was potentially the worst I've ever seen from a professional footballer. And I've seen some fucking shite wear the blue and white hoops in my time.

That was the game when JR realised he could do little with the squad he inherited. Both Hutton and Walsh were hooked at half-time and never played for us again. Both put in performances that were pathetic and embarrassing for a professional footballer. Worst team performance I had witnessed in many years.

Dunno if the fact he was a bad player in a bad team is clouding my judgement but Hutton is one of the worst players I can remember playing for us. That backpass against Dunfermline - where he looked twice to see who was around and still sodding did it - was incredible incompetence.

Further proof, if it were needed, that being on the books at one of the Old Firm is far more likely to get you a call-up to the Scotland youth set-up than playing first team games. Young players at teams like us won't have a hope if the colt teams nonsense ever gets off the ground.

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

Dunno if the fact he was a bad player in a bad team is clouding my judgement but Hutton is one of the worst players I can remember playing for us. That backpass against Dunfermline - where he looked twice to see who was around and still sodding did it - was incredible incompetence.

Further proof, if it were needed, that being on the books at one of the Old Firm is far more likely to get you a call-up to the Scotland youth set-up than playing first team games. Young players at teams like us won't have a hope if the colt teams nonsense ever gets off the ground.

We were mostly probably guilty of over-rating him a bit in a poor season but Kyle Hutton was our Player of the Year the previous season. I'm not suggesting he's great and he did very little in a positive sense, but he's not completely awful (unless he somehow turned so in a few months away from us).

We were mostly probably guilty of over-rating him a bit in a poor season but Kyle Hutton was our Player of the Year the previous season. I'm not suggesting he's great and he did very little in a positive sense, but he's not completely awful (unless he somehow turned so in a few months away from us).

Yes, a lot of folk clung to the fact he was your player of the year as he stumbled from one disaster to the next. However, did he not only win one of the awards with Jordan Marshall taking most of them?

Archived