The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two fantastic signings based on their form in the second half of the season.

Really happy with MacKenzie, our defence looked a lot better when he was match fit, plus he was a massive threat from set-pieces as well.

Smith is a good one, for his versatility. Give's us an option up top and out wide if need be.

Hopefully GM doesn't suffering constant injury problems like he did the first half of the season.

Delighted to get him and Smith tied down. Add Stelios and Loy plus a few others who weren't there last year.

It's May and we're off to a flyer.

Good bit of business getting both of them tied up.  If McKenzie stays fit he will be one of the best defenders in the league next year.  Smith is a good player at this level but not sure what his best position is.  Would like to see him tried through the middle in the Stevie Mallan role.

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

Good bit of business getting both of them tied up.  If McKenzie stays fit he will be one of the best defenders in the league next year.  Smith is a good player at this level but not sure what his best position is.  Would like to see him tried through the middle in the Stevie Mallan role.

Wide in a 4-3-3; Morgan on the opposite side, Loy down the middle. 

drool.gif

55 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Windows not even open how can you sign him?

In the same way we can sign Cammy Smith despite the window not being open. 

Cammy Smith is an Aberdeen player and will be until his contract expires in the next few weeks. That doesn't stop us unveiling him as a signing. 

In much the same way, if we agreed a fee with Airdrie and he's agreed terms, then we've signed him as soon as the window opens. I'm not saying this has happened because frankly I don't know. But it's not a revelation tactic to do such a thing. You're clutching at straws if you believe we can't go ahead and sign him before the window opens. 

I've never heard of this Andy Ryan fella, but if signing him is going to annoy some Clydebank fans then get him in.

Don't even care how good he is.

1 hour ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Windows not even open how can you sign him?

We just signed Cammy Smith today, he's under contract to Aberdeen until the end of the season. Even allowing for Ryan being under contract for another season, we all know a selling club will want to cash in and secure a fee rather than risk losing him for nothing come the end of the new season.

Brilliant to get Cammy Smith permanently, add more goals to his game and we've got one of the best players in the division. Gary Mack is another cracking signing. Wouldn't mind O'Brien signing too, but I think he's replaceable.

Harry Davis & a Mallan replacement now please 8)

17 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Hopefully GM doesn't suffering constant injury problems like he did the first half of the season.

Delighted to get him and Smith tied down. Add Stelios and Loy plus a few others who weren't there last year.

It's May and we're off to a flyer.

I would think it was a lack of game time more than anything else which Gary suffered from.

Remember he didn't play much at all before this season.If you have muscle problems you need to be in great condition or your asking for trouble 

Archived