The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

They've said it's signing news... Tomayto, tomarto...

Yup, my point being that if it's signing news, I'd think it more likely that it's new signings coming into the club rather than contract extensions.

Harry Davis and Billy O'Brien I reckon, just because they're already confirmed as on their way our of their clubs. Cammy Smith is still not officially on Aberdeen's released list yet.

I'll go for new deals for Stelios and Gary Mac. Although Kyle Hutton signing a bit of paper that says "I agree to get to f**k" would be very exciting.

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Thanks. 

They have not yet signed a contract. If we offer them contracts, and they sign them, it could be signing news, no?

Don't think anyone is disputing that.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

After the insanity of January, is this summer going to seem quite tame in comparison? 

Obviously stability is what we're after, especially if the team is strong, but I was loving all the random arrivals.

There will almost certainly be a few random arrivals. Think Jack's 100% correct that he wants to know who is staying (or in the loanees cases, signing) before he knows exactly who he's replacing.

It's a highly unusual situation as normally we just clear everyone we don't want out. That's happened 6 months early. I'd imagine there'll still be 6 or 7 punted at the end of the month though. Webster, Stewart, Gordon have been confirmed by the manager but not the club as of yet. Fjelde, Clarkson and possibly McLear will go too. Hutton will be punted if anyone wants him and I can't see us standing in Rocco Quinn's way either given how fragile he is.

Let's be ultra optimistic here and say O'Brien, Cammy, Davis, Loy, Stelios and Gary Mac all sign on for next season (can't see them all coming back, personally) and we keep hold of Morgan...That still - for me at least - leaves us needing:

A goalie

A backup centre half (given Davis is out til August) - on loan

A backup right back for Irvine (though not a priority as Stelios is quite versatile)

A holding midfielder - if Quinn and Hutton go

A replacement for Mallan

A centre forward - probably two - One permanent and one on loan

I reckon we'll see around 5 or 6 new faces in the summer not including the guys who were on loan that we're trying to get to sign on full time.

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Probably 'Exciting' in the same way as the National Lottery used to email me saying "We have exciting news about your ticket!" - and I'd log on to find I'd won £2.78.

Actually, having read on, I'm not surprised it's players we had last year - and whilst that may not be 'exciting' it's most definitely likely to be GOOD!

Very few of the squad that played in the last couple of months I wouldn't be delighted to see next year!

Great to get these two guys signed up so quickly.

Mackenzie in particular, he will have had plenty options this summer. Think he was linked with Killie at one point.

Shows that the players want to be here. Good stuff.

I can see St Mirren challenging the Bairns and Morton for the title next season...
Yinited in a distant fourth. Thank you.

[emoji38]

Hey, I'm just looking at the bigger picture [emoji56] [emoji211] [emoji51] [emoji1] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Archived