The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

1 minute ago, She who dares gins said:

Most of us accept he'll be away for next season - he should be playing at a higher level. We just don't want to see a derisory offer accepted - at the end of the day, he's still under contract.

I would imagine that there will be sufficient interest from other clubs to guarantee you guys a decent fee if he's under contract.

With us selling Stevie Mallan for about 300k there will be funds for Jack Ross to boost our squad.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Most of us would say no. He's been rotten at times and not really the type of player we need when you look at the wider squad and who we have under contract.

Not surprised in the least, the very fact that's he's struggled at league one tells us all we need to know.

I don't know if he ever had the ability but looks like a league 2 standard or junior level to me.

42 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Not surprised in the least, the very fact that's he's struggled at league one tells us all we need to know.

I don't know if he ever had the ability but looks like a league 2 standard or junior level to me.

I reckoned he'd be in the juniors or the Lowland League within five years but judging by the views of Airdrie fans it'll take half that time. His best hope is Rae or Barry Ferguson finds a new club and signs him.

Somehow he has a Scotland under-21 cap!

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

I reckoned he'd be in the juniors or the Lowland League within five years but judging by the views of Airdrie fans it'll take half that time. His best hope is Rae or Barry Ferguson finds a new club and signs him.

Somehow he has a Scotland under-21 cap!

Presumably from when he was with Rangers - different rules apply. 

Most of us accept he'll be away for next season - he should be playing at a higher level. We just don't want to see a derisory offer accepted - at the end of the day, he's still under contract.

He's worth about 30/40k at most, his value to Airdrie outstrips his transfer value considerably.

He's worth about 30/40k at most, his value to Airdrie outstrips his transfer value considerably.

I think we'd be looking for more than that, but can't claim to be in the know on any of these matters.

Yes he's important to us but providing we sort the big weaknesses in the squad out for next season, we'll be fine if he moves on.

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You'll be looking for more than that, you won't get any more than that though.

Yup, same as Saints fans would have been looking for a lot more than we got for Mallan and McAllister.

7 minutes ago, BuddieInDundee said:

I'd be surprised if it was Cammy Smith unless it was another loan deal, or is he out of contract?

The latter, but no official news whether his services are no longer required by Aberdeen.

16 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

My guess would be Gary Mac and Stelios.

Davis and Smith aren't technically out of contract yet, afaik. I think it'll be players we already had on contract.

Not so sure. Wouldn't that be contract news? 

Archived