The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

Jamie Langfield signs on as coach for another year but will be registered as a backup in case of any emergencies - Jack Ross saying he's still looking at signing 'goalkeepers' (plural) so I'd imagine he's filling the role that Mathers did well into his forties and Alan Combe still fucking does for someone, somewhere!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Jamie Langfield signs on as coach for another year but will be registered as a backup in case of any emergencies - Jack Ross saying he's still looking at signing 'goalkeepers' (plural) so I'd imagine he's filling the role that Mathers did well into his forties and Alan Combe still fucking does for someone, somewhere!

Alan Combe was registered as a player coach when he first joined us about 3 years ago but no idea if he still is

No surprise to see wee Stevie on his way to England.

He's far too good for The Scottish Championship. Also glad he's not made a half step up to the likes of Hibs.

Sure he'll do well down there and I expect to see him in a Scotland shirt before long.

Good to get it done early and now we have plenty of time to plan how we are going to spend the money.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Hopefully you buy some absolute jobber to replace him.

Absolutely no chance given St. Johnstone are in for him but a couple of the papers had us linked with Stefan Scougall.

So Mallan is away,sad to see him go but there is something off with the way our transfer business is being conducted.It appears any club who fancies one
of our youngsters just gets in touch with the club and hey presto off he trots to that particular club at some point,with apparently zero interest from any other senior club in
Scotland or England .We are entering into agreements,gentlemens or otherwise before any other club gets  a sniff .Whether thats to appease the player
or guarantee at least some money for the club when its time for the player to leave,i cant help but think we are selling ourselves short 

I think people have unrealistic expectations of what players are worth flat clubs like ours, especially with one year remaining.

I can only imagine we have them first refusal after him not going in January, and we have honoured that. I dare say we have a good sell on fee, which is always a risk, but if he makes the grade in the championship, with the way fees are down there it's not unrealistic he could be getting bought for a couple of million in 2-3 seasons time.

Looks like we're one of a number of clubs going after Airdrie's Andy Ryan if The Sun is to be believed. Scored loads of goals last season but under contract so there'd be a fee - or we could tell them they can keep Hutton...

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Looks like we're one of a number of clubs going after Airdrie's Andy Ryan if The Sun is to be believed. Scored loads of goals last season but under contract so there'd be a fee - or we could tell them they can keep Hutton...

We should be paying Airdrie a fee to take Hutton, probably the worst player I've ever seen in stripes.

We should be paying Airdrie a fee to take Hutton, probably the worst player I've ever seen in stripes.

I would sincerely hope we're not that f***ing daft or desperate that we'd take any kind of deal involving Hutton for Ryan. I'd think anyone that wants him is going to need to stump up the cash.

8 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

I would sincerely hope we're not that f***ing daft or desperate that we'd take any kind of deal involving Hutton for Ryan. I'd think anyone that wants him is going to need to stump up the cash.

There hasn't been anything official but we just want to make sure that Hutton is told to find another club.

It seems unbelievable that our ex Sevco loving manager saw fit to give him a two year contract.

We don't care where he goes as long as it's out the door. If we have to pay a fee for Ryan then so be it.

There hasn't been anything official but we just want to make sure that Hutton is told to find another club.

It seems unbelievable that our ex Sevco loving manager saw fit to give him a two year contract.

We don't care where he goes as long as it's out the door. If we have to pay a fee for Ryan then so be it.

Most of us accept he'll be away for next season - he should be playing at a higher level. We just don't want to see a derisory offer accepted - at the end of the day, he's still under contract.

1 minute ago, She who dares gins said:

Most of us accept he'll be away for next season - he should be playing at a higher level. We just don't want to see a derisory offer accepted - at the end of the day, he's still under contract.

What's the general opinion on Hutton anyway....would you have him back?

Archived