The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, glenburn bud said:

Harry Davis has been Freed at Crewe so I would sign him now and he would be fit for september.

I'd 100% snap him up. Risky to do so while he's injured, but I think he's worth it.

Good signings to start.

Ben Gordon is a decent enough player but permanently injured this year. Stewart looked a good prospect but Ross obviously has other ideas. Webster must be one of our most disappointing signings we made!

3 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Good signings to start.

Ben Gordon is a decent enough player but permanently injured this year. Stewart looked a good prospect but Ross obviously has other ideas. Webster must be one of our most disappointing signings we made!

Biggest surprise is that it's only the three been released today. Langfield and Clarkson will surely follow unless Langfield stays on as a coach. 

Davis in would be huge boost. The injury might well work in our favour of getting  him as he'd have had several bigger clubs than us sniffing about had he been fit. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is Webster completely done? Always thought I'd like to see him back here but if he's crocked will obviously never happen.

No. He's not done as in injured. 

He's just exceptionally slow and rubbish. 

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye well useless then. Shame that.

He wasn't quite as bad as some of our fans make out, but he was very disappointing for us in a bad team, considering we chased him quite hard and were undoubtedly paying him well for the level. I've no doubt if he pitched up at Arbroath he'd do ok. Gordon will also do Ok wherever he ends up.

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye well useless then. Shame that.

I don't know. I mean not for the Championship, but L1 and L2 it's not impossible he could be a coach / player.

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Biggest surprise is that it's only the three been released today. Langfield and Clarkson will surely follow unless Langfield stays on as a coach. 

Davis in would be huge boost. The injury might well work in our favour of getting  him as he'd have had several bigger clubs than us sniffing about had he been fit. 

Langfield should stay. Zero issues with it being coach/backup to O'Brien. O'Brien seemed to rate his coaching. 

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Harry Davis has been Freed at Crewe so I would sign him now and he would be fit for september.

I know we were rumoured to have been looking at Davis in January and one would expect us to be in the market for a centre half in the summer. If he's going to be out until September though, I would think we would look elsewhere so might be a fair chance St Mirren could get him again.

Davis would be a good signing however I wouldn't be against going with Baird & MacKenzie next season. Baird proved his worth once Davis got injured. He was the one player over the past couple months that didn't get the praise he deserved.

Good news getting Eckersley signed, a solid left back in the latter part of the season. Will be interesting to see what happens with the right backs.

42 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

I know we were rumoured to have been looking at Davis in January and one would expect us to be in the market for a centre half in the summer. If he's going to be out until September though, I would think we would look elsewhere so might be a fair chance St Mirren could get him again.

I would be gutted if he signed for another Scottish club given the way he quickly settled in and it became clear that he was a player.

The fans and players loved him and he was a huge loss when he got the injury. He could be pivotal in us having a more successful season if we can get his signature.

Archived