The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I heard his family would rather he stayed here for another year or two before moving south.

It would help us out too, always feel young players could do with a couple of years of first team action before they go down South but with the way things are looking the money is way too good for us to turn down and will help us out greatly. My worry for if/when we are relegated is the youth academy would suffer, the way the young lads keep making the step up with ease and the money we can make off them show it's vital to keep it operating.

Wouldn't want to stall the boys career in anyway, maybe look at Mallan, can we nurture him any further? Doesn't look like it. Probably do them more harm to keep them in such a losing environment.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Tam M said:

Another six figure sum will also be making its way to us for another player I'm hearing. A very nice six figure sum indeed.

Will be a shame to see the lad go but at least this one isn't on the cheap and he's at an age where a Premier League side like Stoke (if it is them) could feasibly mould him into being a top star in the future.

Hopefully they let him stay until the end of the season, though.

1 hour ago, Tam M said:

Another six figure sum will also be making its way to us for another player I'm hearing. A very nice six figure sum indeed.

You'll need all the money you can get to get out of league one! 

27 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Who's going to Stoke? 

Apparently Kyle McAllister is being targeted for around about half a million. Clearly, he's a talented player and integral to our season but I don't think any club in the Championship aside from Hibs could really knock that sort of money back for anyone.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Apparently Kyle McAllister is being targeted for around about half a million. Clearly, he's a talented player and integral to our season but I don't think any club in the Championship aside from Hibs could really knock that sort of money back for anyone.

I'd take it. I think we're doomed anyway so let's boost the bank balance. 

Just now, Silvio said:

I'd take it. I think we're doomed anyway so let's boost the bank balance. 

Nothing's finite. I'd hope that Stoke would be quite willing to accommodate in letting the lad come back on loan until the end of the season anyway (we still have one U21 loan slot available so no issue there). The coffers being boosted to such an extent would mean that we could feasibly reinvest around 1/3rd of it on the squad without hurting ourselves financially and give ourselves a chance of getting up to 9th.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nothing's finite. I'd hope that Stoke would be quite willing to accommodate in letting the lad come back on loan until the end of the season anyway (we still have one U21 loan slot available so no issue there). The coffers being boosted to such an extent would mean that we could feasibly reinvest around 1/3rd of it on the squad without hurting ourselves financially and give ourselves a chance of getting up to 9th.

Never thought about the loan aspect. That would be perfect.

27 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

International loans don't count against any quotas anyway.

Looks like he won't be the only signing: 

Out of interest, if McAllister goes would we have to pay Rangers anything (ignoring tedious old/new club nonsense). He was there as a kid but was released then we signed him after a year at boys club level. Obviously if a guy gets released, a club signs him then sells him on his original club gets sod all but wasn't sure if it was different on this occasion due to the ages involved. Perhaps someone like @Skyline Drifter would know?

Dmitriou not official yet but there's a photo on him on a foreign website holding the kit which suggests that it's done and we're just waiting to announce both together.

http://www.kerkida.net/articles/a-katigoria/eidiseis/246163-ypegrapse-stin-st-mirren-fotos

I would translate that website but it's all Greek to me...

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

Out of interest, if McAllister goes would we have to pay Rangers anything (ignoring tedious old/new club nonsense). He was there as a kid but was released then we signed him after a year at boys club level. Obviously if a guy gets released, a club signs him then sells him on his original club gets sod all but wasn't sure if it was different on this occasion due to the ages involved. Perhaps someone like @Skyline Drifter would know?

Do not think the New Club would get anything. If they did it would have been when we signed him.

31 minutes ago, Stu said:

6 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Do not think the New Club would get anything. If they did it would have been when we signed him.

They'd be entitled to a small percentage of the fee if a player moves cross border within contract for a transfer fee. The percentage could be as low as 0.5% or as high as 5% depending on how long he was there and at what ages. I don't know any of the details here but I'd imagine it would be at the low end of that.

Archived