The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

Your right, its pish considering how well we are doing but our crowds have been pretty static for the last 8-10 years, regardless of how well we are doing.
We have a core of 1500-1800 and I think we need to accept that the fans who have deserted us won't be back.
Still, would rather be 3rd with 2k gates than 10th with 3k gates

How many did you take to the Cup Semi Final v Aberdeen?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll be glad to hear that Shankland had a decent debut yesterday. Some good hold up play and movement. Got better as the game went on and could see his confidence growing after the goal. Looks to be carrying some weight or has he always been like this? Think he'll get better and fitter with more games.

Alarming just how easy teams create chances against us and it seems to be a similar set-up. Most of Dunfermline's chances in the first half yesterday came from a ball in between the centre half and full back down either side. Same happened with QoS for their first goal. Full backs should be tucking in but we always have it where they defence is spread across the whole width of the park. I don't think it is solely the defences fault as they are usually man marking (or should be), the midfield are always caught out and opposition first to the ball.

Yesterday Gary Irvine was left dealing with McMullan all on his own, granted McMullan done nothing with the ball, but a useful player would have had a field day. Similar to Naismith, who's opponent had more about him and caused problems.

36 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

You'll be glad to hear that Shankland had a decent debut yesterday. Some good hold up play and movement. Got better as the game went on and could see his confidence growing after the goal. Looks to be carrying some weight or has he always been like this? Think he'll get better and fitter with more games.

That's what happens when you play in a good side.

That's what happens when you play in a good side.

Not necessarily, Shankland scored goals for us last season and we certainly weren't a "good side".

He's a good finisher but is a yard too slow. If he had pace, he would be starting for Aberdeen. Good signing for Morton, I would've probably kept him.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Shankland's general play for us, unless you were blinded by a weird hatred for him, was generally decent.

He just couldn't buy a goal, despite having numerous chances. When he missed the penalty against Ayr you could see he was utterly dejected and bereft of confidence. Sadly the writing was on the wall for him from then on, as we can't afford to carry a player like that. He's been a bit of a fat arse  this season and isn't blessed with pace.

His goal yesterday will have worked wonders for him and I'm sure he'll knock in a few more for you. Hopefully against Ayr next week.

Your right, its pish considering how well we are doing but our crowds have been pretty static for the last 8-10 years, regardless of how well we are doing.
We have a core of 1500-1800 and I think we need to accept that the fans who have deserted us won't be back.
Still, would rather be 3rd with 2k gates than 10th with 3k gates

That's magic we'd rather have your league position obviously. I was just wondering way this outstanding seasons isn't bringing the fans out. It wasn't a pop.

20 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

Think there's more morton fans on this thread than actually turn up to watch them play.

There were 1,957 in attendance at Cappielow yesterday. Out of that crowd, at least, 1,800 were Morton fans. Are you seriously trying to say there are 1,800+ Morton fans on this thread?

There were 1,957 in attendance at Cappielow yesterday. Out of that crowd, at least, 1,800 were Morton fans. Are you seriously trying to say there are 1,800+ Morton fans on this thread?

Feels like it at times [emoji23] come on did you miss the lesson on sarcasm.

4 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Wow now laying claim to patter which both sides have used against each other for years.

No! I'm claiming it's patter that Morton fans having been using for years against you spoonburners and you clatty twats are too thick to come up with your own. Now sober and and go and get a wash.

No! I'm claiming it's patter that Morton fans having been using for years against you spoonburners and you clatty twats are too thick to come up with your own. Now sober and and go and get a wash.

Right back at you smack head. To be fair also it's been a lifetime since we actually had to pay any attention to you. So this is why I've probably missed it.

Archived