The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

Rory Loy should be a good signing for you guys, i'm pretty sure there would have been teams at the top end of the table after him.

Would be weird you signing josh todd though dunfermline turned down the chance to sign him and the dumbarton fans arent bothered that hes going.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, falkirkwasp said:

Rory Loy should be a good signing for you guys, i'm pretty sure there would have been teams at the top end of the table after him.

Would be weird you signing josh todd though dunfermline turned down the chance to sign him and the dumbarton fans arent bothered that hes going.

Makes you wonder if we're fighting on two fronts: bringing in players to try to survive, whilst hedging our bets by also signing players that wouldn't be averse to League 1.

Makes you wonder if we're fighting on two fronts: bringing in players to try to survive, whilst hedging our bets by also signing players that wouldn't be averse to League 1.

Personally i think you will be safe, there is an awful lot of football still to be played right enough, unfortunately for yourselves dunfermline have hit form at the right time.

In all serious you have to wonder about the quality of a lower league Norwegian league player who's willing to leave home for 5 months to go to a team marooned at the bottom of the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

I suppose it could be to get a foot in the door of British football, but more than likely he's just a pish chancer.

Did you just have a Q&A session with yourself :-)

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That's Todd officially left us and Aitken confirming in the local paper he's joining yourselves.

Really can't see him being much more than a bench warmer.

All I can think of is that he's there for cover if Hutton isn't coming back. 

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That's Todd officially left us and Aitken confirming in the local paper he's joining yourselves.

Really can't see him being much more than a bench warmer.

Can't see them paying compo for a bench warmer.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Or as was hinted on the relegation express thread that one of your sellable midfielders is on his way out

There is that.  Todd as a direct replacement for Mallan or McAllister would be a travesty,  though. 

Just now, Col. John Hannibal Smith said:

Haha 'The Buddies' are in some mess these days. That's what happens when you try to field a team of teenagers, although I notice they've brought in some decent players in recent times. Clubs a joke these days, yer stadium is lifeless, horrific ground. Love Street was a good day out mind but they day's are long gone. 

Thanks for sharing. Hope the rest of your counselling goes well.

20 minutes ago, Col. John Hannibal Smith said:

Love Street was a good day out mind but they day's are long gone. 

Had a dream the other night that I was watching Morton at Love Street. We were 3-0 up at half time but I got woken up before the 2nd half kicked off and was fucking raging about it.

But that was a good ground.

4 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Fair amount of new users on these st mirren threads these days.  All seem to go out there way to make a complete arse of themselves !!!

Enjoy the attention while it lasts. The league one forum is a ghost town. 

Archived