The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Both MacKenzie and Gordon are 1 year deals.

The only other player on a 2 year deal, apart from Sutton, is ...................Kyle Hutton.:(

Ughhh. Maybe he'll be one of the rumoured players to GTF on Thursday.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Pure Mental said:

Probably looks back at his career so far and isn't too happy about that big fat '0' in his record when he last had a stint at St Mirren: that's the only reason I can imagine he's signed for a club in such a laughable mess.

Bullet dodged I reckon!

To be fair, of those 8 appearances, he's lucky if he totalled 25 minutes on the park. Never seen us giving a loanee so little opportunity to prove himself.

8 minutes ago, Pure Mental said:

Probably looks back at his career so far and isn't too happy about that big fat '0' in his record when he last had a stint at St Mirren: that's the only reason I can imagine he's signed for a club in such a laughable mess.

Bullet dodged I reckon!

IMG_0514.JPG

He's 28 but has only ever really scored goals in 2 seasons, both at the same club, which would make me very unsure about him. Has a 1 in 2 Championship goal scoring record so with 16 games left you're looking at 8 goals. But even then Falkirk were a good team whereas St Mirren are rubbish so will be harder to maintain that 1 in 2 ratio, plus he can't be match sharp. Factor that in and 5-6 goals looks more realistic. Would that keep them up? With how Ayr are looking it could be enough to scrape 9th.

When you're bottom of the the Championship realistically he's as good as you'll get though I suppose.

11 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

He's 28 but has only ever really scored goals in 2 seasons, both at the same club, which would make me very unsure about him. Has a 1 in 2 Championship goal scoring record so with 16 games left you're looking at 8 goals. But even then Falkirk were a good team whereas St Mirren are rubbish so will be harder to maintain that 1 in 2 ratio, plus he can't be match sharp. Factor that in and 5-6 goals looks more realistic. Would that keep them up? With how Ayr are looking it could be enough to scrape 9th.

When you're bottom of the the Championship realistically he's as good as you'll get though I suppose.

Totally fair analysis. As pointed out, he's about as good as we could possibly hope for in our situation. 

Anything we do is going to be a gamble, but I'm glad we are gambling. 

I guess there's the possibility that Loy might fancy making a hero of himself. He could be an Isma-type legend if he scores the goals that help us close the gap to 9th. (He'd also have to father hunners of children in and around the Paisley area, obviously.)

Archived