The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone who wants Gus back remember that the last time he managed in this league, he got a team relegated? Slipping the mind of a few people.

I'd probably go for Ross, even though the same is true of him, but I think circumstances are a bit different.

33 minutes ago, Stu said:

It is so obvious that guy is either Fullarton, a relative or a mate as he keeps talking him up, won't hear a word against him and knows a ridiculous amount about him. I don't think I could handle putting up with that on a daily basis if Fullarton gets appointed.

An unmentioned positive if Gus doesn't get the job is it will ruin Lex's year. He's so excited about the prospect of him returning - it's like the shit summer camp the kids go to in the Simpsons and Bart just sits in the corner rocking back and forth while muttering "Krusty is coming".

Whoever it is, they went off on one when it was mentioned that Fullarton had shafted us before.

6 hours ago, Stu said:

It is so obvious that guy is either Fullarton, a relative or a mate as he keeps talking him up, won't hear a word against him and knows a ridiculous amount about him. I don't think I could handle putting up with that on a daily basis if Fullarton gets appointed.

An unmentioned positive if Gus doesn't get the job is it will ruin Lex's year. He's so excited about the prospect of him returning - it's like the shit summer camp the kids go to in the Simpsons and Bart just sits in the corner rocking back and forth while muttering "Krusty is coming".

We should appoint Langfield instead, break him completely. 

16 hours ago, GAD said:

We should appoint Langfield instead, break him completely. 

Langfield as player/manager with Webster as his assistant. That will free up the captaincy for Shankland.

Sadly, the spoilsports on our board fancy speaking to Jack Ross again: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/stmirren/7243414/St-Mirren-set-to-hold-more-talks-with-Alloa-boss-Jack-Ross-today.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20161004-_-Sport-_-607270478

On 3 October 2016 at 11:11, Coventry Saint said:

f**k knows! In all honesty, I'm not that inspired by any of them.

Ross, I guess, mainly because of how divisive Gus would be.

In order: Ross > Gus > Mixu > Fullarton.

I was keen on Mixu a few years ago but he's ruined himself a bit with his spells at Hibs and DUFC. He does have more experience at the level we aspire to be at, I suppose.

As for Fullarton, I know there's someone talking him up on B&WA but I really can't see that he has anywhere near enough experience in the job.

Gus is Gus. At least we know what we're getting, and at least we might sign a (decent) central midfielder again. Nobody can deny what he did for the club, but equally nobody can deny that the football wasn't great. Albeit shitfesting our way out of this mess is probably what we need right now.

Looks increasingly like Jack Ross is the man as he's coming back for another round of talks.

Not overly convinced but time will tell. Alloa fans being unhappy is a good thing - Dumbarton fans seemed a bit meh to us nicking Murray.

Doubt Gordon will see out the full length of his loan now!

#prayforlex

f**k it. This time last year I would have been delighted with this appointment but just apprehensive after the disaster of Murray.

Just need to trust Scott on this one. New chapter for the club and I like what I've heard from him so far of him. Going to take a while to change culture (whatever that culture is) within the club, but can already see his efforts of communicating more with fans and good that his priority was to appoint a media manager. Hopefully the first of many changes he will make over coming months!

Onwards and upwards!

Archived