The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'd be great if that happened, but I'd be embarrassed by the amount of negative attention on a female manager.

Football fans are fucking arseholes, and this would attract all sorts of unwanted 'patter' from some absolute morons.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

It'd be great if that happened, but I'd be embarrassed by the amount of negative attention on a female manager.

Football fans are fucking arseholes, and this would attract all sorts of unwanted 'patter' from some absolute morons.

Yeah, pretty much this. All I'm bothered about is the ability of the new manager, their gender/sexuality/race/religion etc is irrelevant. However, you only have to listen to the top notch, cutting edge comedy from the stands whenever a female physio runs onto the pitch to know who well a woman manager would be received.

I haven't seen every story relating to our situation, but as far as I've seen, the only name I've seen mentioned by the club itself was Davies, and that was to confirm that we had talked to him, as opposed to offering him the job.

Every other name mentioned is sheer speculation and is fuelled by money put on bets at the bookies and nothing more.

As befits a team of our current lowly stature, we'll end up with a manager who has had his fair share of both failure and success. We only have to hope that we get them on an upward spiral or we're fucked.

32 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A dull defeat to Falkirk on Saturday will speed things along a bit. Hope the Paisley ladies & gents treat Mr Fullarton with the respect he deserves after the international break.

If that's who it is then he'll have my full support. It's a harsh reality check but hey ho, we're in the state we're in just now for a reason. 

Archived