The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm actually fucking starting to worry it's gonnae be Gus. 

I'm beginning to think GLS is some sort of evil genius:

Sack manager

Everyone assumes you'll replace him with Gus because he's your pal

Leak details of high profile candidates to get folk excited

High profile candidates pull out

Folk begin to worry it'll be Gus

Appoint some random guy who wouldn't be near the job in a million years but no one cares because "At least it's not Gus"

I confidently predict the new manager will be appointed late afternoon a week tomorrow as I'll be in the middle of an eight hour flight. Similarly, out first win will be against Dundee United next month as I can't go.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

GLS would never risk an appointment like Fullarton. We need an experienced man.

The only relatively inexperienced man he would consider would have to be Jack Ross.

How do you know what Scott would risk though? This is the first appointment he's had to make, he could be brilliant at this and pull surprise appointments out the bag who go on to be hugely successful like a few St Johnstone have made over the years, he could go for no typical type from appoiotment to appointment with the only common factor being they usually turn out to be utter, utter shite like Morton have under Rae, or he could just go for the tried and tested usual names and faces every time. There's no way of knowing what kind of appointment he'll go for.

40 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

How do you know what Scott would risk though? This is the first appointment he's had to make, he could be brilliant at this and pull surprise appointments out the bag who go on to be hugely successful like a few St Johnstone have made over the years, he could go for no typical type from appoiotment to appointment with the only common factor being they usually turn out to be utter, utter shite like Morton have under Rae, or he could just go for the tried and tested usual names and faces every time. There's no way of knowing what kind of appointment he'll go for.

I think it's a safe bet he won't appoint the likes of Fullerton who has little experience other than a disastrously short stint at Notts County.

I would agree that it's difficult to predict the type of manager he'll go for. My guess is that he'll play safe and go for experience with a Yogi  or a Gus. Then again he might like what Jack Ross is doing with Alloa. 

IMG_1475049027.314118.jpg

Not much change from overnight. I think it's between Hughes and Gus, I also have a feeling Hughes will still see himself as a Premiership manager and might hang about to see what happens at Dundee.

Get to f**k.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

His managerial record is like the combined worst bits of Alex Rae and Tommy Craig. If we give him the job, we deserve to go down.

Ah but it was a difficult situation at Notts County and they hated him because he'd had a brief spell as a coach at Notts Forrest. So says someone on Black & White Army who is definitely not his pal.

Fullarton seems to get linked with our job every time it comes up, yet curiously isn't mentioned with any other position, such as the Raith one during the summer.

If anything changes at Dundee they'll quite clearly appoint Jim Duffy because they're Dundee, so I can't see that having a major influence on Hughes if he's offered it.

He is due a spell in charge tbf.

Archived