The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

I wouldnt be overly convinced by him, he seems to have genuine mental issues. All it would take is for your fickle support to boo a sub he makes and he'd the spend the rest of the week following fans about to see if they say good things about him instead of thinking about the next match.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

In a blow to the Morton fans, Allan McManus has stated he's not in for the vacancy. 

He would say that, lulling other applicants into a false sense of security to make it easier to slither in ahead of them.

Ex-Hearts and Rangers player Gordan Petric apparently on the short list for the managers gig, according to the Daily Record. Herald also saying Hughes to be interviewed.

So the rumoured short list appears to be:

Billy Davies
John Hughes
Jamie Fullarton
Gus McPherson
Gordan Petric

Its worth noting that Notts county were a fucking shambles when he took them over. Think most managers would have struggled in that job at that particular time!

Edit: would still like to see a more experienced manager get the gig

There is no question that the fans will undoubtedly remember the Fullarton reign as a disaster, a man they felt they could not identify with.

They had expected somebody with experience to fill the void left by Ricardo Moniz in January, having become sick and tired of rookie managers.

They did not enjoy Fullarton's style of football, having felt he stymied the attacking flair of Moniz which had put Notts among the top scorers at home in the league.

11 hours ago, ulysses said:

Ex-Hearts and Rangers player Gordan Petric apparently on the short list for the managers gig, according to the Daily Record. Herald also saying Hughes to be interviewed.

So the rumoured short list appears to be:

Billy Davies
John Hughes
Jamie Fullarton
Gus McPherson
Gordan Petric

Am I the only person who thought Petric's first name was Goran?

Neil Warnock apparently being interviewed too. That could be fun.

Warnock is a total c**t, bigger than Davies. But he would still be a coup for a club like us (bearing in mind were bottom of the championship)

I highly doubt he would be interested though as I'm sure he'd still get jobs in England

Archived