The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that St Mirren loanee Ryan Hardie is playing for Rangers u20s in tonight's Irn Bru Cup match.

I can only assume this sort of thing was agreed prior to you paying a portion of his wages for his services on loan? Either way it simply highlights how fuckin' tragic this new cup and the colt team inclusion is.

dbb693b5e750da859dca0a72fe44c660.jpg

5 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Probably useful for Hardie to get another game under his belt. He hasn't looked particularly sharp, albeit he's only played about 45mins over 2 games.

Still seems more than a tad bizarre!

12 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Still seems more than a tad bizarre!

It's definitely a weird one. TBH, I can't see what advantage it could possibly have, for either us or Rangers. Maybe 'increased match sharpness', if I'm really scraping the barrel.

St Mirren fans are both hilarious and clueless claiming Mallan would be no loss. Him going would currently leave us with a midfield of Hutton & Quinn, if anyone was to pick a midfield out of those 3 Mallan would be in every time. We don't have a replacement for him.

If we get a ridiculous offer for him that would allow for reinvestment in the team then by all means give Mallan the option to move however saying he should be sold and the team wouldn't suffer as a result is shite and extremely unfair on Mallan. If I were Mallan I'd be sorely tempted to move on, and let's be honest if he wanted to he could easily engineer a move to a better team, and get it up the idiots amongst our support.

I have to admit I've never been that impressed by Mallan or got the hype about him. He seems to just score the odd free kick or long range shot but what else does he have? Looked completely lost against Morton last week.
Guaranteed to have a blinder at the next derby after I've said this :(

Some people seem to forget that Stevie Mallan is only 19 years of age, and still has a way to go in learning his trade. 

He's an outstanding young player who will only get better with experience.

We've played one league game where the team as a group didn't turn up, and the merchants of doom are doing the usual knickerwetting. 

I have to admit I've never been that impressed by Mallan or got the hype about him. He seems to just score the odd free kick or long range shot but what else does he have? Looked completely lost against Morton last week.
Guaranteed to have a blinder at the next derby after I've said this [emoji20]

How many times have you seen him play?

Guaranteed to have a blinder at the next derby after I've said this [emoji20]

As the poster above said he's 19 and only has 1 full season under his belt. He is a bit inconsistent and isn't the kind of player who'll do the dirty work that's required especially in this division but is capable of moments of sheer brilliance. Some of the goals he has scored are outrageous, there is still a lot to work on but with Alex Rae being a niggly midfielder himself I'm sure he'll pass on advice and help him develop, if we can keep hold of him.

I think it will be a disaster if we lose him, chances of getting another midfielder that will score 10 goals are slim to none. Hopefully with the new board it will have to take a ridiculous offer for us to sell him but we just can't command the fees that Falkirk, Hamilton and United have done recently.

5 at a game and a couple of times on TV.

Probably why then... He scored 14 goals from midfield last season - including 1 against Morton - in his first full season in senior football. But yeah, apart from regular goals and assists he doesn't do much....

Probably why then... He scored 14 goals from midfield last season - including 1 against Morton - in his first full season in senior football. But yeah, apart from regular goals and assists he doesn't do much....

Like I said, in the times I've seen him he's not stood out or done much.

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 16:16, sergie's no1 fan said:

As the poster above said he's 19 and only has 1 full season under his belt. He is a bit inconsistent and isn't the kind of player who'll do the dirty work that's required especially in this division but is capable of moments of sheer brilliance. Some of the goals he has scored are outrageous, there is still a lot to work on but with Alex Rae being a niggly midfielder himself I'm sure he'll pass on advice and help him develop, if we can keep hold of him.

I think it will be a disaster if we lose him, chances of getting another midfielder that will score 10 goals are slim to none. Hopefully with the new board it will have to take a ridiculous offer for us to sell him but we just can't command the fees that Falkirk, Hamilton and United have done recently.

There's the rub, who woulda thought an Alex Rae team would be short in that department? Maybe we've been unlucky with the injury to Quinn but unless the management can come up with an effective Plan B quickly we're gonna be adrift in the race for a play-off spot.

There's the rub, who woulda thought an Alex Rae team would be short in that department? Maybe we've been unlucky with the injury to Quinn but unless the management can come up with an effective Plan B quickly we're gonna be adrift in the race for a play-off spot.

To be fair, when we were missing Kevin McDonald and Scott Robertson back in the day he tried to replace them with Chris Pozniak, Darren Williams, Darren Young and Patrick Noubissie. He could spot a player but he had no clue about CM and it cost him his job at Dens.

On 15/08/2016 at 10:24, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, when we were missing Kevin McDonald and Scott Robertson back in the day he tried to replace them with Chris Pozniak, Darren Williams, Darren Young and Patrick Noubissie. He could spot a player but he had no clue about CM and it cost him his job at Dens.

Could also cost him his job at Saints if he doesn't sort it out. Can Irvine play at CDM? Just curious, cos we have no options there at all.

Archived