The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

Your in the process of signing a 37 year old player that hasn't kicked a ball for months and was done about 3 year ago when he payed for Dundee United, that's hilarious.

Jobs for the boys with Locke.

Your strike force consists of 2 strike force consists of 2 strikers that have been done for years in Clarkson and Sutton yet you're mentioning a player that isn't even on our books yet? :lol:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your strike force consists of 2 strike force consists of 2 strikers that have been done for years in Clarkson and Sutton yet you're mentioning a player that isn't even on our books yet? :lol:

Clarkson and Sutton done for years?

Your having a nightmare here.

7 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Aye Clarkson certainly looked done yesterday when he cracked in a couple of goals from 20 yards.

51 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

No, not at all. Your fans however have been creaming themselves over the prospect of signing Hardie. Regardless of where he signs, it'll be hilarious when it's not yourselves :lol:

I didn't realise Tom Walsh and Ryan Hardie was strictly a one or the other type deal. 

But then you're on here claiming that Sutton and Clarkson (32 and 30) have been 'done for years'. 

48 minutes ago, Hawkes97 said:

What's your predictions for Tuesday night? You lot playing many young boys in this or taking it seriously?

We're taking it seriously in that it's a competitive fixture and as such will be playing a strong team. 

These games are being used in lieu of pre season friendly matches though  and are effectively getting the squad back to match sharpness. 

3 minutes ago, Div said:

Ryan Hardie remains a possibility. Him moving out is dependent on Rangers bringing one in, assume it might be Dodoo

Is there not a rule in place which stops a parent club loaning two players to the same club ?

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I may be wrong but I thought that only applied to clubs in the same division.

Cheers your probably spot on with regards to this rule. I can't really think of many Loan deals where this has happened.

1 hour ago, Hawkes97 said:

What's your predictions for Tuesday night? You lot playing many young boys in this or taking it seriously?

We have a lot of new players so these games are about learning a new system and getting match fit so I assume it will not be far off the team that will be starting League games.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Is there not a rule in place which stops a parent club loaning two players to the same club ?

Celtic loaned two players to hibs last season, so don't think so.

Could be a good addition for you guys , especially if you can get Hardie too.

I thought that so had a look at the rules yesterday. Limit is one if its the same division, two if it's a different one.

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

Celtic loaned two players to hibs last season, so don't think so.

Could be a good addition for you guys , especially if you can get Hardie too.

It looks like it's both Raith and ourselves who are favourites to get the lad Hardie on loan.

He'll be a cracking signing for either club.

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

I thought that so had a look at the rules yesterday. Limit is one if its the same division, two if it's a different one.

So nothing stopping AR signing Hardie and Walsh. If we can get Shankland back then our recruitment would be excellent business.

Good to see more attacking options coming in.

I think Rae has a really tough choice at centre half this season. I thought yesterday Jack Baird was the best player on the park, aside from aiming punts up the park at Morgan instead of Sutton, he hardly put a foot wrong. Battled for every header, won more than his fair share and didn't look hesitant at all, probably the biggest criticism you could have had of him last season. His distribution was also pretty much spot on. I think we have the making of a tremendous centre half. Learning from the likes of MacKenzie and Webster can only be good for him as well. It would be a shame if Baird was to spend time out the team and I think on yesterday's showing Rae really cannot drop him.

Archived