The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

Livi disappearing for Ayr or Stranraer is excellent! Going to pick Ayr based on ease of trip and away support plus if Killie come down, nice to have the Ayr v Killie rivalry in the leagues too. Although couldn't complain if Stranraer did it, it's a million miles better than a trip to Livingston!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumour on black and white Army that we're more or less a lock to sign Liam Buchanan and Jordan White is also a possibility.

Also Alex Rae apparently saying that there is a signing due early this week. Relatively young with a lot of experience which would fit the bill in regards to White.

Nicky Clark and Ryan Hardie have been mentioned as well. That's the thing when you need four new forwards. Everyone is linked.

I was kinda hoping we'd see White or Buchanan at the Rock this season.

If you bump Nade as well as two Livi players I've taxed then I will not be happy with you Buddies. Take this as a warning.

Can you make sure that wee Stevie keeps Darren Barr, your help will be much appreciated. We've had more than our fair share of bomb scares in recent times.

I was kinda hoping we'd see White or Buchanan at the Rock this season.

If you bump Nade as well as two Livi players I've taxed then I will not be happy with you Buddies. Take this as a warning.

Maybe you have made the mistake of not MOT taxing him?  :o .

White has had a bit of a purple patch, but he isn't good enough for a side with playoff aspirations. We can all name several players who've scraped into double figures in this division, been heralded as a solid centre-forward on the back of it then reverted to being mediocre at best and slipping down to the seaside leagues. I'll be very surprised if White isn't another Greig Spence or Archie Campbell.

Buchanan however would be a useful squad player for you.

Can you make sure that wee Stevie keeps Darren Barr, your help will be much appreciated. We've had more than our fair share of bomb scares in recent times.

I'm not sure why the Buddies seem to hate Barr so much, he's been solid for us at centre half and latterly at centre defensive mid where a lot of folk argue he's better.  He actually could be the ideal replacement for Goodwin.  Chips in with a few headed goals at set pieces too.  I hope we do keep him.

I'm not sure why the Buddies seem to hate Barr so much, he's been solid for us at centre half and latterly at centre defensive mid where a lot of folk argue he's better. He actually could be the ideal replacement for Goodwin. Chips in with a few headed goals at set pieces too. I hope we do keep him.

We don't hate him. There's not many of us rate him as he's exactly the sort of player we sign and his extensive injury history returns to haunt him as soon as hes in a Saints shirt.

We don't hate him. There's not many of us rate him as he's exactly the sort of player we sign and his extensive injury history returns to haunt him as soon as hes in a Saints shirt.

Fair enough.  Clauses can always be written in when a player has extensive injuries though, I believe that's what we done with him this year and he's been fit for all but a few weeks.

it was him that started the rumour/not a rumour.

I know. He claims it came from the horses mouth which may be the case.

Jist like Stewart Gilmour told me directly at a POTY do a couple of seasons ago that Kello had resigned with Hearts and they'd tried to sign Craig Gordon who was without a club but he had agreed a contract with Rangers.

Kello stayed with us, Gordon went to Celtic.

I believe nothing until it's 100% official.

I know. He claims it came from the horses mouth which may be the case.

Jist like Stewart Gilmour told me directly at a POTY do a couple of seasons ago that Kello had resigned with Hearts and they'd tried to sign Craig Gordon who was without a club but he had agreed a contract with Rangers.

Kello stayed with us, Gordon went to Celtic.

I believe nothing until it's 100% official.

only 50% of the lies he tells are true.

Archived