Raith Rovers v Hibernian Hibernian v Raith Rovers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VT accusing me of being Mon Dieu seems like a compliment now, I could only dream to produce what MD can in terms of image manipulation 

Congrats Hibs. No doubt you were the better side both over the season and over the two legs.

Today's win wasn't entirely convincing and we made a right good game of it, but even at that we never carved out a clear-cut chance.

Was in the Rovers end for this one earlier. Hibs should have won at a canter as they're clearly the better side but totally shat it in the last half an hour. They were so good in that first 20 minutes and it looked like we could be heading for a right royal thrashing. If Rovers had any quality at all though, they would have taken full advantage of Hibs' wobble at the end.

Fair play to the wee team though, they worked their socks off. It must be what's helped them put together such a good run as they didn't look to have any players that you'd describe as more than average. Perhaps they under performed due to the pressure.

Big shout out to the guys in front of me, who were all the complete dregs of society. Stunk of BO, homophobic shouts and chants, mocked Stubbs' cancer and also started on the sectarian stuff before they got shouted down. I hope they were absolutely gutted at the final whistle.

Imagine your best manager in years jumping ship at the first opportunity to join a side who will be in the same league as you next season.

Almost must make you think that you're a wee team.

Nah, you're safe enough, we don't want Johnston.

First leg we were the better side. We defended well enough to keep them out (I'm ignoring Cummings being a tit) and scored. Hibs deserved it today though. Got the goals to kill the tie early on and despite looking suspect at the back a couple of times stopped us from having any clear cut chance. Logans take right at the end was tremendous with the amount of body's around him. He's twice the keeper Oxley is physically and playing wise. With a good pre season he should be a good foundation for your assault on the championship next season ;)

Was in the Rovers end for this one earlier. Hibs should have won at a canter as they're clearly the better side but totally shat it in the last half an hour. They were so good in that first 20 minutes and it looked like we could be heading for a right royal thrashing. If Rovers had any quality at all though, they would have taken full advantage of Hibs' wobble at the end.

Fair play to the wee team though, they worked their socks off. It must be what's helped them put together such a good run as they didn't look to have any players that you'd describe as more than average. Perhaps they under performed due to the pressure.

Big shout out to the guys in front of me, who were all the complete dregs of society. Stunk of BO, homophobic shouts and chants, mocked Stubbs' cancer and also started on the sectarian stuff before they got shouted down. I hope they were absolutely gutted at the final whistle.

That's the spirit, we'll turn you yet.

Was down at this one today and it was the correct outcome on the day that Hibernian got through. Comfortably the better team in the middle of the park and despite a sometimes frustrating lack of width, got the job done.

The two early goals changed the game, as even that early, in the East Stand, the nerves were jangling. But the deflected goal then Craigan's idiocy followed by an easy header for McGregor seemed to kill belief in the Rovers outfit.

Particularly impressed with McGeouch, Henderson and Gray for Hibernian. While Logan is some size, he's also commanding in a way that Oxley never will be.

Tough for the Rovers fans but their team didn't really turn up today. A lot of poor, tired play and bar two chances in the first half in quick succession, there was little to write home about.

That corner kick 😂😂😂

That's the spirit, we'll turn you yet.

:lol:

I meant in terms of the viewing public at large but I've paid enough money watching Rovers matches that I'm basically a part-time fan anyway...

Forgot to mention the "You're just a small team in Edinburgh" is one of the most tragic chants I've ever heard at a football match. My skin almost crawled off my body in sheer embarrassment.

:lol:

I meant in terms of the viewing public at large but I've paid enough money watching Rovers matches that I'm basically a part-time fan anyway...

Forgot to mention the "You're just a small team in Edinburgh" is one of the most tragic chants I've ever heard at a football match. My skin almost crawled off my body in sheer embarrassment.

Gotcha.

original.gif

Actually agree with this. Could've at least said "Yer just a wee team in Leith" which would've sounded better. 

Actually agree with this. Could've at least said "Yer just a wee team in Leith" which would've sounded better.

Never heard that inside the ground but heard it outside and cringed like f**k.

The guys that do raith TV do it for a pittance and deserve alot of credit for it. I hope they keep up the good work.

Shut up.

Archived