Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty time to find a replacement for Thommo now. Still don't think he's ready for the championship yet

Heard Paul Heffernan is available. He could probably still do a job in League One.

Anyway, any of you chaps know this guy? Stumbled across the tweet last night. Thompson also just followed us on Twitter...

post-33799-14627764239271_thumb.jpg

Heard Paul Heffernan is available. He could probably still do a job in League One.

Anyway, any of you chaps know this guy? Stumbled across the tweet last night. Thompson also just followed us on Twitter...

He's certainly on his way. Like I said I'm not too sure he's ready for the step up but I really hope he does well. He was an integral part of our great escape with some crucial goals.

He's certainly on his way. Like I said I'm not too sure he's ready for the step up but I really hope he does well. He was an integral part of our great escape with some crucial goals.

Exciting. See to be honest, outwith Nadè and for 3 months Eamonn Brophy, we didn't really have a natural striker for most of the season.

We had Stevie Craig who, 20 minutes at Easter Road aside, looked totally uninterested. We had Stevie Ross who was a fictional character, we had Garry Fleming who's more effective in midfield.

If he can stick himself about a bit, win a few headers and score a few goals I think all of us will be pretty pleased. It's an area where we were horribly weak this season, so I'm glad to see the manager addressing that problem early.

attachicon.gif1462776423507.jpg

talk about jumping the gun nothing official yet even though a done deal well known for stalking the players and management to get gossip

Looks like once again we ve let another good player go so hopefully the other better players don t now follow suit . Guess it will be a rebuild job again as all the loan guys will be away plus 3 released ..... Shame we were startin to look handy again at this level

It's not a case of we've just sat back and let him leave, we tried to retain him to no avail. Dods has his replacement lined up.

It was on the Pars thread but in case you missed it, Lewis Spence continuing to show his battling qualities - this time with big Ben Richards-Everton.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/169339/dunfermline-athletic-launch-probe-players-party-trip-brawl/

What's the story with Spence, is he staying at Pars? Given he was farmed out on loan whilst in league 1 I wouldn't have thought he was part of AJ's plans for the championship? Would like to see Spence back at the Glebe.

Looks like once again we ve let another good player go so hopefully the other better players don t now follow suit . Guess it will be a rebuild job again as all the loan guys will be away plus 3 released ..... Shame we were startin to look handy again at this level

Only one player as yet has turned us down to move elsewhere. With Thomson's form towards the end of the season he was always going to attract interest and I'm afraid Dumbarton for him is appealing in just about every sense, probably the only team he'd have left Brechin for.

Several key players signed up with several to follow by all accounts. The difference this season is that Dods has time to build a squad and he seems to have a number of players sorted out/in mind already.

What's the story with Spence, is he staying at Pars? Given he was farmed out on loan whilst in league 1 I wouldn't have thought he was part of AJ's plans for the championship? Would like to see Spence back at the Glebe.

Not signed with us yet but AJ says there are still current squad members he wants to sign. Other than Andy Geggan, I don't think AJ is too taken with any of our midfielders so wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. He said when he went to Brechin that he wanted to prove he was worth another full time contract somewhere. I thought he'd be a good addition for a struggling team to help them beat the drop - tough wee lad and can play a bit. 

Not signed with us yet but AJ says there are still current squad members he wants to sign. Other than Andy Geggan, I don't think AJ is too taken with any of our midfielders so wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. He said when he went to Brechin that he wanted to prove he was worth another full time contract somewhere. I thought he'd be a good addition for a struggling team to help them beat the drop - tough wee lad and can play a bit.

Certainly don't see any reason why Spence can't have a future in full time football. Talented wee player and still very young so can only improve. If he does end up dropping part time to earn a switch back to full time would definitely welcome him at Brechin.

Good luck Thommo hope it works out. I have no problem with players moving to another PT team in a league above as they will be offering money we can not. It also appears to work out for his travelling.

But who for us Gary Fraser fae Montrose?

I would hope in another week Dods will have a solid core resigned or new signings with the flexibility of 2 or 3 added during preseason.

Good luck Thommo hope it works out. I have no problem with players moving to another PT team in a league above as they will be offering money we can not. It also appears to work out for his travelling.

But who for us Gary Fraser fae Montrose?

I would hope in another week Dods will have a solid core resigned or new signings with the flexibility of 2 or 3 added during preseason.

Fraser signed a 2 year deal at Montrose.

Archived