Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anymore more news on the issac layne rumor ?

I hope for your sake he's nothing more than a squad player. Obviously got talent and can offer you something but nowhere near ready for the Championship & to be a starter there you'd be fighting a losing battle most weeks.

I see a notice in league 2 Forum that Derek Neilson has passed away sad news 

DEREK NEILSON      

Born: Edinburgh d.o.b: 23 january 1959

Position: Goalkeeper  

Teams Seasons Apps. Gls.
Source : Tartan B.C.      
Dundee United 77-80 0 0
East Stirling (on loan) 78-79 12 0
Meadowbank Thistle (on loan) 79-80 34 0
Brechin City 80-87 244 0
Berwick Rangers 88-93 127 0
to Arniston Rangers      

Totals 417 0

10 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I see a notice in league 2 Forum that Derek Neilson has passed away sad news 

DEREK NEILSON      

Born: Edinburgh d.o.b: 23 january 1959

Position: Goalkeeper  

Teams Seasons Apps. Gls.
Source : Tartan B.C.      
Dundee United 77-80 0 0
East Stirling (on loan) 78-79 12 0
Meadowbank Thistle (on loan) 79-80 34 0
Brechin City 80-87 244 0
Berwick Rangers 88-93 127 0
to Arniston Rangers      

Totals 417 0

Sad news indeed.

Remember him well from my childhood days at the Glebe.

R.I.P

I am sure DD is on the case but we have to watch that some young players we had previously did us a turn but have since slipped down or out the leagues. This does mean that they can now do us a turn in the Championship. Petrie / Laing may well have been decent signings in League 1 but the Championship? Premiership clubs will now loan us players, maybe a couple on a year deal with a revue after six months?

Also Derek - our hero  not only in the promotion year but the year after in the old 1st Division when we were at the top for a period near Christmas. Thanks for my early football memories and thoughts with family.

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

I am sure DD is on the case but we have to watch that some young players we had previously did us a turn but have since slipped down or out the leagues. This does mean that they can now do us a turn in the Championship. Petrie / Laing may well have been decent signings in League 1 but the Championship? Premiership clubs will now loan us players, maybe a couple on a year deal with a revue after six months?

Also Derek - our hero  not only in the promotion year but the year after in the old 1st Division when we were at the top for a period near Christmas. Thanks for my early football memories and thoughts with family.

I worked at the club with Derek in those great times. . He was a real gent.  Quiet and unassuming .......Not what you expect from a goalie.   Another taken too young.  My thoughts are also with his family 

I didn't rate Petrie when he was here, decent passer of the ball but other than that don't think he offered very much. We'd be better off with Lewis Spence especially with a good pre-season behind him. Priority has to be keeping Liam Watt though.

Isaac Layne was an absolute standout in a very poor team. What I liked about him is that he was explosive and scored goals out of nowhere. Remains to be seen whether he's good enough for Championship but I think he'd be a good option for us. Got to remember our budget won't stretch to signing proven championship players, we might have to take risks or settle for decent league 1 players.

I didn't rate Petrie when he was here, decent passer of the ball but other than that don't think he offered very much. We'd be better off with Lewis Spence especially with a good pre-season behind him. Priority has to be keeping Liam Watt though.

Isaac Layne was an absolute standout in a very poor team. What I liked about him is that he was explosive and scored goals out of nowhere. Remains to be seen whether he's good enough for Championship but I think he'd be a good option for us. Got to remember our budget won't stretch to signing proven championship players, we might have to take risks or settle for decent league 1 players.

Have you guys actually signed Isaac?... Great talent but didn't have the best of attitudes...a wee bit huffy imo...but would wish him well...

Have you guys actually signed Isaac?... Great talent but didn't have the best of attitudes...a wee bit huffy imo...but would wish him well...

Dont think hes signed, just attended some of there games and had been training aswell, worst attitude of any player i've ever seen in an alloa shirt, thinks hes better than he actually is.

8 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Dont think hes signed, just attended some of there games and had been training aswell, worst attitude of any player i've ever seen in an alloa shirt, thinks hes better than he actually is.

He honestly was nt like that with us . He sparked a wee bit belief into a team that were absolutely robbed of confidence..Worth a gamble nothing too loose .. 

Isaac needs a bit of reassurance and a manager who believes in him. Darren Dods ticked all those boxes for him in his spell up there I think. 

I would expect Brechin to sign him, but if he's not playing a part every week the same thing might happen again. Not a great sign that he fell out with Alloas last 3 managers. Isaac's a great guy though.

Todays Courier says we have signed Mc Geever. Decent enough signing in my eyes. What do you think folks ? Also makes for good reading on the clubs website that a lot of the guys from last year have signed on again. Things ticking over nicely.

Todays Courier says we have signed Mc Geever. Decent enough signing in my eyes. What do you think folks ? Also makes for good reading on the clubs website that a lot of the guys from last year have signed on again. Things ticking over nicely.

That's a cracking signing for you lads in my opinion, solid centre half!

Archived