Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157681544035741

A few action shots from last night.  It certainly wasn't a classic, but I thought Brechin were at least the best footballing side when in possession and showed some nice passing moves.  

IMG_5503 copy.jpg

Aye especially just after the break. 

Some good photos there. I like the one of Fusco waving to the camera !!!  :lol:

Well big game today and Raith playin a blinder by slashing prices ...So c mon fellow fans ask a mate or two along too boost our support ... Club not really pushing it but i m sure we could all persuade a friend or two along ....

An excellent result over two legs.

Every single player, coaching staff, committee and all the fans take a bow.

And I mean every single player.

Considering the up and down nature of the season this is a great result and now we have an equally as tough task to overcome Alloa.

What a season this is turning out to be. With the players hitting form at just the right time , we are actually starting to believe the impossible. 

What a day that was yesterday . I am still emotionally and physically drained. It is right up there with the Templeman last minute show at Hamilton all those years ago. Every player on the pitch gave their all and showed composure and patience even after going behind in extra time when most other part time teams would have crumbled.  Well done to you all. 

Amazing scenes in the dug out as well after Watt's screamer of an equaliser  and again at full time.  Darren you are a legend. :thumsup2 ;)

Fantastic support down there too. What we lacked in numbers to the home crowd I think we made up in vocal support. Everyone was drained at the end but the sight of everyone hugging each other showed how much it means to us all.

I only hope the old ticker can last out another two games . Valium and oxygen at the ready !!! :lol:    Wednesday can't come quick enough. 

Now lets hope our committee get they re sensible heads on pronto .. 4 days to get town prepared for biggest game in our history so far ... Lets push this game Drop prices , get tickets around the school s , get The City Youths on side mind they took 3 buses to Hampden ( we were pants and lost ha ha ).. I m not having a go but this is a chance for committee to be seen to be doin something positive instead of Mr Chairmans usual (My Team nothing to do with you guys attitude) so c mon lets push game in the press nothing to lose lads ...Decent result at glebe and we can go to Alloa with optimism ... We can t always be gallant play off losers can we ????? 

Yesterday was brilliant i nvr seen a City team put in such a shift ..3 brilluant well taken goals .. I ve been a critic of Darrens tatics all season but yesterday we played football and only hoofed ball when needed too... We also missed a few more chances Jackos 1 on 1 .Mclean gettin pushed right off ball in box at 2 1 ... I may sound patronising but lets get out mates , kids everyone to this.

Ally Love n Trouts came off bench with injuries and were outstsnding .Trouts the player he was 3 seasons ago ..Thats the spirit we asked for and got ..... 

So c mon committee deliver ..

3 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Now lets hope our committee get they re sensible heads on pronto .. 4 days to get town prepared for biggest game in our history so far ... Lets push this game Drop prices , get tickets around the school s , get The City Youths on side mind they took 3 buses to Hampden ( we were pants and lost ha ha ).. I m not having a go but this is a chance for committee to be seen to be doin something positive instead of Mr Chairmans usual (My Team nothing to do with you guys attitude) so c mon lets push game in the press nothing to lose lads ...Decent result at glebe and we can go to Alloa with optimism ... We can t always be gallant play off losers can we ????? 

Yesterday was brilliant i nvr seen a City team put in such a shift ..3 brilluant well taken goals .. I ve been a critic of Darrens tatics all season but yesterday we played football and only hoofed ball when needed too... We also missed a few more chances Jackos 1 on 1 .Mclean gettin pushed right off ball in box at 2 1 ... I may sound patronising but lets get out mates , kids everyone to this.

Ally Love n Trouts came off bench with injuries and were outstsnding .Trouts the player he was 3 seasons ago ..Thats the spirit we asked for and got ..... 

So c mon committee deliver ..

Ha ha ha you do speak some pish at times!!!

Was pretty sure you would get the job done against Raith.  Darren Dodds really seems to have got over his dodgy start to management last season.  Decent club, deserve a wee go at the Championship. 

28 minutes ago, Sir Richard said:

Ha ha ha you do speak some pish at times!!!

Ye right enough i was guy who said Mackinnons a rubbish manager ... What have i said wrong now ??? Whats wrong with a wee bit enthusiasm now an again 

21 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Ye right enough i was guy who said Mackinnons a rubbish manager ... What have i said wrong now ??? Whats wrong with a wee bit enthusiasm now an again 

The first back of your comeback dosent make sense!

You claim its the biggest game in our history!!!! Ho ho ho thats the pish im talking about! Its a big game but nowhere near the biggest in our history infact it wont even make the top 10!!!

1 hour ago, Sir Richard said:

The first back of your comeback dosent make sense!

You claim its the biggest game in our history!!!! Ho ho ho thats the pish im talking about! Its a big game but nowhere near the biggest in our history infact it wont even make the top 10!!!

Ah well in my opinion it is ..Any game you have a chance of winning a trophy or promotion surely ranks as important .... Should we lose clubs finiacially in a bad way so will prob need to let some of our better players go and we could struggle big time because of this .. 

But we re obviously gonna disagree on the matter .. 

List your 10 biggest games then ..

And ill list mine guarenteed they res not much difference 

Well done to Brechin in the play offs so far. I didn't think you would get the better of Raith but I will now have humble pie and custard for my sweet today.

Good luck against Alloa.

Archived