Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

10 hours ago, MonTheHedge said:

Your mafia guff is wearing thin bud.

There was good and bad today, keeping possession seemed difficult with the midfield, but the competition is a league above (literally!) wasn't impressed with Dougie Hill in the first half, seemed static and disinterested, Elliot was impressive after he came on. Impressed by Love, he really seems to bust a gut.

Is Jacko injured? Felt like we missed him today. 

First time poster hear,

i aggree with 50% of what you say, we cannot keep the ball, the midfield always seemed rushed, we got beat 5-1 by a better team, they dominated possession and attacked with pace, but we gave them every goal they scored, that's the frustrating thing, they never really caused us problems, we caused our own problems, Pabz E smith w dyer all had good games thought hill had a very good game, he looked more fed up than disinterested but never put a foot wrong , can't aggree with ally love bursting a gut! He scored a goal which was good enough to win any game of football but his work rate is questionable as is his ball retention! It not all doom n gloom we are second in the league and we won't come up against a team as good as Dunfermline in this league, it may be a blessing in disguise that we can now be fully focuses on the league, as for the Twitter stuff I've not seen it but no player should be happy sitting on the bench, there's ways to go about it! The manager obv has the backing of the players as they have gave everything in the games I've seen this year, yesterday we just lacked quality and concentration 

onwards and upwards

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The only one calling for anyone's head seems to be you. 

You are the only one continually criticising .  The only one going looking for problems . The only one not happy with our current league form and position. 

If you are so unhappy and genuinely concerned at the way the club is being run there are official procedures in place for you to take things further.

Mind you , If you rely on trolling social media for excuses to have a go then I don't give your chances much hope . 

You are not the only one that can get inside info.I have not called for anyone's head this season YET.

3 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

First time poster hear,

i aggree with 50% of what you say, we cannot keep the ball, the midfield always seemed rushed, we got beat 5-1 by a better team, they dominated possession and attacked with pace, but we gave them every goal they scored, that's the frustrating thing, they never really caused us problems, we caused our own problems, Pabz E smith w dyer all had good games thought hill had a very good game, he looked more fed up than disinterested but never put a foot wrong , can't aggree with ally love bursting a gut! He scored a goal which was good enough to win any game of football but his work rate is questionable as is his ball retention! It not all doom n gloom we are second in the league and we won't come up against a team as good as Dunfermline in this league, it may be a blessing in disguise that we can now be fully focuses on the league, as for the Twitter stuff I've not seen it but no player should be happy sitting on the bench, there's ways to go about it! The manager obv has the backing of the players as they have gave everything in the games I've seen this year, yesterday we just lacked quality and concentration 

onwards and upwards

Sorry don't agree thought Love was very good yesterday and as for giving them goals maybe a couple but do most goals not come from some mistake by the defending team. I thought their 4th goal was very well worked. My one issue with them yesterday was McMullan looks a great player but he is a bit of a  diver / drama queen

We got beat by a better team yesterday but it did highlight our short fallings. Everyone seemed to put a shift in yesterday - I no problem with that.

Our full backs did not get up the park often enough which invited them onto us. Graham and Dale do what they can but due to fullbacks not coming up they  swamped in midfield and could not retain possession to build on. Ross (not his biggest fan) seemed to work harder but he can not control the ball everything bounces off him. Lynas did ok without overly impressing, Elliot could not cross the ball and defensively we did not look great - is Rodgers the weakest link? Could be Smith, could be Hill but did nae think Buzz covered himself in glory either yesterday.

We did miss Jackson and Trouten - they would have made a difference. But if there was a game to sacrifice it was yesterdays - I am not too bothered. The league is where it is at for us and second undefeated is good for me. I would anticipate Dodds is looking about to bolsterer midfield and up front options with loans.

As for player unrest, not seeing it. Of course players are unhappy at not playing - they should be. Fusco was at the Glebe last Sunday along with other players for the open day. Dods was there and there was chat btw them all - if Fusco was unhappy would he come and spent more time with someone he is pissed at? 

4 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Sorry don't agree thought Love was very good yesterday and as for giving them goals maybe a couple but do most goals not come from some mistake by the defending team. I thought their 4th goal was very well worked. My one issue with them yesterday was McMullan looks a great player but he is a bit of a  diver / drama queen

Apart from the goal I can't recall him doing anything to note, yes most goals do come from not marking in the box or not matching runners or switching off on on th few occasions good play , first buzz should do better second dyer smashed ball off hill from a yard away, third James dale should jus clear the ball he ends up running into dyer 4th and 5th bad mistakes from Rodgers, all very avoidable goals! I can't recall Mcmullan diving once are you sure we were at the same game? 

4 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

4 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

We got beat by a better team yesterday but it did highlight our short fallings. Everyone seemed to put a shift in yesterday - I no problem with that.

Our full backs did not get up the park often enough which invited them onto us. Graham and Dale do what they can but due to fullbacks not coming up they  swamped in midfield and could not retain possession to build on. Ross (not his biggest fan) seemed to work harder but he can not control the ball everything bounces off him. Lynas did ok without overly impressing, Elliot could not cross the ball and defensively we did not look great - is Rodgers the weakest link? Could be Smith, could be Hill but did nae think Buzz covered himself in glory either yesterday.

We did miss Jackson and Trouten - they would have made a difference. But if there was a game to sacrifice it was yesterdays - I am not too bothered. The league is where it is at for us and second undefeated is good for me. I would anticipate Dodds is looking about to bolsterer midfield and up front options with loans.

As for player unrest, not seeing it. Of course players are unhappy at not playing - they should be. Fusco was at the Glebe last Sunday along with other players for the open day. Dods was there and there was chat btw them all - if Fusco was unhappy would he come and spent more time with someone he is pissed at? 

Graham lynas and dale don't do enough with the ball for me! Far to rushed, love and lynas also playing in midfield so no buying this whole thing that they are exposed as full back aren't playing high enough! worst case it should 4 vs 4 ! Lost count of the amount of times the midfield just lumped it when it was on to take a touch and play, aggree the loss of Jackson and trouten is massive for us as they are our two most creative players, it a bad defeat but I'd rather we where out the cups so we can focus on the league 

We def don't get up the park quick enuf.the goals were all give aways.big mistakes in the wrong areas and we were punished.as for the unrest don't think so season hardly started and doing ok so this inside stuff is malicious and not needed

Rodger and Smith not good enough to play in central defence,need McCormack back in there with Hill.Agree with too much lumping the ball up the park but that's the way Dods played.We shouldn't have to rely on two players our reserve players need to pull their socks up but if they don't get enough game time they will find it hard to fit into the team when they come on from the bench.

I think Smith has been our most consistent performer at the back.  Harsh to criticise him.   Rodger has been prone to lapses of concentration but on the whole , the defence has been pretty solid .........until they were exposed yesterday against sharper and cleverer forwards. 

I also agree that it was maybe better to get that one out of the way in a cup that isn't going to make a lot of money for any team apart from the eventual winners. We can now concentrate on getting a bit of momentum  going in time for a decent Scottish cup run at the end of the year. 

Darren Dodds eh? Where did it all go so right, no real signs of this coming!

Excellent

Where did it all start going so right? The 4-0 win against Forfar last season where Dods himself scored and played like a man possessed. We've not looked back since.

Since then we've lost only twice in the league one of those was Dunfermline at East End when they clinched the title.

6 hours ago, 'Steve said:

Where did it all start going so right? The 4-0 win against Forfar last season where Dods himself scored and played like a man possessed. We've not looked back since.

Since then we've lost only twice in the league one of those was Dunfermline at East End when they clinched the title.

Cheers.  Hopefully all works out in a similar way to ourselves then! Shite season and nearly go down then a great year and promotion. 

Ive got plenty time for Brechin tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

We need to stop the rot now or we are in danger doing a Farfar what are the answers ?? last year we brought in a few loans and that made a huge difference is that what is required again ??

I was speaking to some committee members in The Stables(I were nagging them ha ha ha)  last nite and the club have no money to improve situation .they re as gutted as anyone but it looks like it s the way it's going to be ... I know they re trying they re best ..Last week they had 200 fans at Hampden yesterday been lucky to have 200 fans at a home game ... Things like this will have to be addressed as well .. Ways to encourage folk through the gates although recent performances won t encourage anyone ... 

I think once main guys are back things will settle down . We were shite yesterday but still created a helliva chances as we did on Tues .Buchanan should ve scored , McCormack should a scored , Trouts was trying his hardest to create openings in the box .. 

We re 3 or 4 games away from this being a disaster yet :wacko:

1 minute ago, CITY1974 said:

I was speaking to some committee members in The Stables(I were nagging them ha ha ha)  last nite and the club have no money to improve situation .they re as gutted as anyone but it looks like it s the way it's going to be ... I know they re trying they re best ..Last week they had 200 fans at Hampden yesterday been lucky to have 200 fans at a home game ... Things like this will have to be addressed as well .. Ways to encourage folk through the gates although recent performances won t encourage anyone ... 

I think once main guys are back things will settle down . We were shite yesterday but still created a helliva chances as we did on Tues .Buchanan should ve scored , McCormack should a scored , Trouts was trying his hardest to create openings in the box .. 

We re 3 or 4 games away from this being a disaster yet :wacko:

Yes the money situation is something I have been aware of for a while and have said it before on here to the Troll and it is only going to get worse, a wee cup run maybe would have helped. It is time if Brechiner's want a football team they should come out in bigger numbers and support them otherwise I fear 3rd division or beyond in years to come. The committee do a great job in very difficult times but they do need more money to bolster the squad but presently have no way of getting it, worrying times for our club

This is a common story running down the divisions re lack of money coming in to the club. East Fife are on a shoestring budget because prior to Gary Naysmith becoming manager, we tied up players on wages we could not sustain and e are still paying the price. Our cup replay against Edinburgh last week saw our subs bench comprise of a goalkeeper who could not play cos his parent club didn't want him cup tied, one fringe player and 2 young players brought back from their loan to Junior clubs.

The takings at the turnstiles hardly pay the electricity bills, Directors do what they can even dipping in to their own pockets now and again. People have better ways to spend their money than on a football match. The core fans cannot keep the clubs afloat alone.

Has anyone else heard rumours ?????that clubs in serious dire straits and committee are quite relieved that forms dipped as there's no money in kitty to pay win bonuses ? or fund player loans ? This may be absolute rubbish but I ve heard from 3 or 4 different folk now .. I don't believe first part but it would certainly make sense . .. I m only asking question and not having a pop at anyone 8)...

Archived