Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

Todays Courier says we have signed Mc Geever. Decent enough signing in my eyes. What do you think folks ? Also makes for good reading on the clubs website that a lot of the guys from last year have signed on again. Things ticking over nicely.

It's also on his twitter, cracking signing don't know how Brechin fans will see this but I'd take mcgeever over hill without a doubt.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hill was very good at us last year, mcgeever did well at queens, 

hill has played championship all or most of his career

mcgeever isn't tested at that level, 

its hard to compare,

happy with the signing give us a presents at the back 

12 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

its hard to compare,

Hill wanted a "new challenge" but didn't fancy the championship. .................No real ambition , perhaps showing his true colours and not the team player you would want . 

McGeever can't wait to play in the championship and couldn't wait to sign .................... No brainer as to who I would have in my team. 

Web site

Manager Darren Dods has started to build his squad for the new season. We can confirm that Willie Dyer, Liam Watt, Aron Lynas, Finn Graham, Chris O'Neill, Gary Fusco and Elliot Ford have extended their contracts to join Graham Smith, Andy Jackson, Ally Love and Paul McLean who are already registered.
Darren has agreed terms with a further three new players who, all being well, will become registered with the Club when the registration window opens on 9th June. Further details to follow.

Including McGeever that makes 12. What about E Smith? Dale may also be back depending on how it pans put for him - fingers crossed. Having this plus another 3 then gives him some room for players later on in the summer. It is a vast difference to his first season here.

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Hill wanted a "new challenge" but didn't fancy the championship. .................No real ambition , perhaps showing his true colours and not the team player you would want . 

McGeever can't wait to play in the championship and couldn't wait to sign .................... No brainer as to who I would have in my team. 

He played there with us for several years and was generally pretty good, so I'm not sure he doesn't fancy it - maybe just wants a club a bit closer to home. 

He can hack it in the Championship (or he could a couple of years ago) though you do have to forgive the occasional bit of Dougie Hill rashness. That said, if he isn't going there with Brechin then he won't be going at all. I'd be happy enough if we brought him back as a squad player next season. 

Web site
Manager Darren Dods has started to build his squad for the new season. We can confirm that Willie Dyer, Liam Watt, Aron Lynas, Finn Graham, Chris O'Neill, Gary Fusco and Elliot Ford have extended their contracts to join Graham Smith, Andy Jackson, Ally Love and Paul McLean who are already registered.
Darren has agreed terms with a further three new players who, all being well, will become registered with the Club when the registration window opens on 9th June. Further details to follow.

Including McGeever that makes 12. What about E Smith? Dale may also be back depending on how it pans put for him - fingers crossed. Having this plus another 3 then gives him some room for players later on in the summer. It is a vast difference to his first season here.

Can't imagine Dale will be signing next season. He's apparently having to head back down south due to work.

12 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

There you go again having a pop at a player who served us well last season. You did same with Trouton last time he left .They re may be personal reasons . Good luck to him i say . He certainly earned his money with decent performances ..

3 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

There you go again having a pop at a player who served us well last season. You did same with Trouton last time he left .They re may be personal reasons . Good luck to him i say . He certainly earned his money with decent performances ..

No player is bigger than the Club! All about money these days

Catch up min. 

Has he got it sorted? It was last Friday I think I was told what his situation was but obviously it may have changed. I'd be happy for him if it did as he was apparently very keen to stay.

21 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

its hard to compare,

It just goes to show that not all poems need to rhyme.

6 hours ago, brechincity said:

No player is bigger than the Club! All about money these days

Yup your correct .I m disappoined hes left like rest of us but thats not an excuse to slate him like hedgies done ... Anyway onwards and upwards what about drawing both Dundee teams in Betfred tonight that d set season off greatly ... 

13 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Aye ok.   Fair shout although  in my defence  there were some  people with a bit more influence than me with the same opinion .......just saying. ;)

As for Trouts he did move for the money by his own admission.........He also saw the funny side of me waving a tenner at him in his first match against us and doesn't hold any grudges. ;)

Funny how folk can suddenly become defensive of a team they picked fault with just a month or so back !!!  :whistle

Speaking of Betfred Draw ........zzzzzzzz !

What do we have to do to get a half decent draw?! Forfar saved it from being an absolutely horrendous group. At least we've got a derby.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Aye ok.   Fair shout although  in my defence  there were some  people with a bit more influence than me with the same opinion .......just saying. ;)

As for Trouts he did move for the money by his own admission.........He also saw the funny side of me waving a tenner at him in his first match against us and doesn't hold any grudges. ;)

Funny how folk can suddenly become defensive of a team they picked fault with just a month or so back !!!  :whistle

Nope not me I admired the free flowing footy all season ...Ha ha na your right it was doing my head in tbh .But saying that from 2nd half against Raith at Glebe onwards  don t think in 30 years plus of watching City i ve seen such effort ..And made those horrendous games worthwhile..

Archived