Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

And playing in a higher league isn't one ?

That seems to be the case.  The lure of the Campbell promise was too much to turn down. 

Spoiler

Dick "I will pay you £15  a week more than they b*****ds " Campbell

Confirmed as Trouts, Hill, Rodger, McCormack and Caldwell away.

Hill wanted another "challenge" apparently.

Translated to "I've been offered more money elsewhere" I would think. It's a shame as I think Hill's experience would have been beneficial in the Championship but he's certainly not irreplaceable. If I recall correctly this time last season, Raith made Hill an offer but he held out for more money elsewhere and it wasn't forthcoming. By the time he made up how mind Raith had pulled the offer and he ended up at Brechin.

All the best to Trouten, what a player he's been for us. Just a shame injuries have taken their toll.

Didn't get up to the Glebe tonight as working . Planning to go Tuesday night and purchase season ticket . Anyone that was there tonight able to shed any light on the Platinum Lounge ticket and what you get for the extra cash ? 

7 hours ago, underpar said:

Didn't get up to the Glebe tonight as working . Planning to go Tuesday night and purchase season ticket . Anyone that was there tonight able to shed any light on the Platinum Lounge ticket and what you get for the extra cash ? 

Last night Grant said that the 1983 Lounge would now be the 1983 Social Club open to all fans from 1pm with free entry.  The Delson Lounge would now be called the Platinum Lounge which would have the hospitality season ticket holders.  You get a free drink before and after the match along with 'Boardroom' style food before the match and at halftime.  He also said it was for 15 home games with an option of upgrading to Boardroom at some point during the season.  Standard day entry to the Platinum Lounge would be £30 (presumably £15 on top of the match day entry price)

We managed Play Offs without Hill apart from 2nd half of last game ...Really need Willie Dyer to stay now though ..We ve went from being top heavy with defenders to only Pabs , Euan Smith , n Dyer hopefully ,and O Neill ... Oh i and 86 year old Dods .... 

23 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

We managed Play Offs without Hill apart from 2nd half of last game ...Really need Willie Dyer to stay now though ..We ve went from being top heavy with defenders to only Pabs , Euan Smith , n Dyer hopefully ,and O Neill ... Oh i and 86 year old Dods .... 

We did with fusco and pabz, the big boy at the back from raith kind of helped us along the way, pabz scored a couple of big goals aswell, also cost us 3-4 goals one against raith and 3 against Alloa,  hill euan Rodgers would have done better as they are cbs , he's not a cb neither is fusco, there's no doubt he was our best and probably only cb, but if he doesn't want to stay let him move on, thanks from me as I think he's been great for us, massive part of us goin up 

4 hours ago, greendot said:

Last night Grant said that the 1983 Lounge would now be the 1983 Social Club open to all fans from 1pm with free entry.  The Delson Lounge would now be called the Platinum Lounge which would have the hospitality season ticket holders.  You get a free drink before and after the match along with 'Boardroom' style food before the match and at halftime.  He also said it was for 15 home games with an option of upgrading to Boardroom at some point during the season.  Standard day entry to the Platinum Lounge would be £30 (presumably £15 on top of the match day entry price)

Thank you greendot. Good to see them open up the 1983 to everyone for free as i think Forfar do the same thing and do quite well out of it . I usually head to the town for a pre match pint but will probably change to the 1983 and keep the money at the club. Was there a good uptake on season tickets in general last night ?

Thank you greendot. Good to see them open up the 1983 to everyone for free as i think Forfar do the same thing and do quite well out of it . I usually head to the town for a pre match pint but will probably change to the 1983 and keep the money at the club. Was there a good uptake on season tickets in general last night ?

We're the same. We head into town for a few pre-match pints and often following the game as well. We will likely just start going to the lounge as the money will be going into the club as you say. There's usually a fair few of us and we like a good drink so if there's other folk in that boat it could be a decent wee earner for the club. Not to mention away supporters - you'd imagine it will be full every week. Lounge just needs a few wee touches to make it feel more of a social club but there is limited space.

Archived