Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be gutted if Trouton goes he came off bench in play offs and was brilliant .. He was more injury prone than off form during season . Don t like seeing guys who ve done you a massive turn being shown the door .. Id be too soft to be a manager :(

Sorry to disappoint everyone but I'm still here.Actually pleased we got promoted just a pity we will be relegated straight back down like we always do.Will be interesting to see who goes and who comes in,Mr Dodds will have his work cut out trying to attract decent players to the club with championship experience.

We will see.A very difficult season ahead no doubt about that.We can't afford to be reckless in the spending so it's down to D.D. & co. To use Their experience n guile to hopefully bring in the experience that we need to

Heard Trouts and Caldwell away too. From a source close to the first team but it did come via a few people. Also in conversation with our management team on the last day of regular season it would appear they have no interest in signing Caldwell - they agree there is a player in there but it takes up all their energy to find it.

Issac and Ewen Spark was mentioned by them. I also think Steve Campbell might be able to sniff out some guys he coached at Utd, admittedly this would be more young guys but we will need their legs. If nothing else we will have to work our socks off next season.

I did ask the Souttar boys at Alloa what they were doing next season. Probably most of us did, they took it in good spirit.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dougie Hills a better centre half than either of the Souttar brothers anyway

Arbroath have actually been sniffing about Hill .. That mind change now as we re 42 games away from premiership footy :whistle

Arbroath have actually been sniffing about Hill .. That mind change now as we re 42 games away from premiership footy :whistle

Heard that

In seriousness whoever Brechins centre halves are next year they're in for a f**k load of work. Maybe he doesn't fancy it. [emoji12]

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Caldwell , Trouten , Rodger and McCormack all released.   

Sorry to see Alan Trouten has been released, he was one of the most exciting players in the lower leagues during his first spell at Brechin City. What happened this time around? I see other posters have mentioned injuries and a general lack of fitness, is that the case?

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Sorry to see Alan Trouten has been released, he was one of the most exciting players in the lower leagues during his first spell at Brechin City. What happened this time around? I see other posters have mentioned injuries and a general lack of fitness, is that the case?

Great player when fit , been rally unlucky this year, probably along with Jackson our best actual ball player , woulda been great to have but we can't carry players if they are injury prone 

Archived