Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

19 hours ago, citypiehard said:

I'm not gonna name and shame on here, I'm pretty sure every city supporter as well as the committee know who they are, it's actually an embarrassment being anywhere near them,  last night a chap I know had to move away as their 10 year old was hearing the incessant use of the "C" word, obviously emotions run high at the football but there comes a point where a wee bit of shouting and anger becomes too venomous, everyone expects a wee bit of swearing but verbal personal/sexist taunts are unacceptable, one supporter mentioned the supporters bus and how they won't use it because of them, I remember last season at Balmoor where one "fan" opened the window on the bus to shout abuse at Dods and the players when they were doing their warm down and I've not used the supporters bus since then.

If you know the names of these "fans" then why not get in touch with the club and see if they will ban this pond life. I'm all for a bit of banter at the football but if it becomes sexist or personal then that is not on. For the record imo for what its worth i think in the last couple of games Ross Caldwell has played better and looked keener than at anytime i have seen him. As for the lady running the line i only hope she dosen't tar us all with the same brush, as the vast majority of the natives up here are friendly. Get the slavering pond life the feck out of my club. 

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if Caldwell will be staying hearing a certain ex Alloa striker is joining us [emoji6]. He has improved quite a bit in the last few games I have to admit I was one of his critics but knew there was a player in there he just wasn't intrested. But abusing a player in uncalled for. We are there to support our team if you just come to shout abuse your not a supporter

Congratulations!  Quite emotional watching the scenes at the end as they reminded me a lot of our play-off victory in Airdrie.  Never did I think we'd still be competing in the Championship so long after.  All I can say is enjoy every moment of next season.  You never know what might happen. :thumsup2

Congrats fellow Championship team, tremendous effort getting past both Raith and Alloa. These play offs have been great entertainment with goals aplenty and nail biting penalty shoot outs. Pleased for wee Liam Watt getting promoted too.

Well done guys, watching that game today brought back plenty of memories of our day in Airdrie. 

Just like us you'll be tipped for the drop, you'll probably get a few pumpings, and you'll get plenty of comments like "no offence, but we should be hammering teams like Brechin." We've been here six seasons now, and I still read it near enough every week.

A quick glance at your squad makes me think it could do with some work to get it up to Championship standard. However a hardworking, tight group supplemented by some quality loan players should be a decent grounding. Especially given we have nobody (not even a manager) signed up at the minute.

Thoroughly looking forward to a trip to the Glebe. Seeing us play at places like Easter Road and Tannadice is great and all, but I far prefer the 'wee' grounds. 

Mon the diddy part-time teams :)

Archived