Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

Don't want to sound to negative. The young lads would need to be physically made with a bit of ability to stand any chance of doing anything at this level.although some may not think so there's a massive gulf between amateur and where we are. I'm sure it was a just in case scenario because of our injury situ. On saying that good luck to them it's not easy trying to make your way in football

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Tomorrow is need the 3 points to get us back in to the play off places and get us further away from East Fife. Think a change form the 5 at the back is needed to make us more attacking rather than us sitting back all the time

Were you not at the last game at the glebe ?  Some of the back 5 actually attacked. For most of the second half in fact. 

Sometimes people get stuck up on formation. 

Yeah I was. Yeah your right second half we did attack more but I just think having 2 up front instead of Jacko on his own would make a difference but that's just my opinion take out a defender and put a more attacking player on but hey the gaffer knows a lot better than me just offering my opinion

9 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Yeah I was. Yeah your right second half we did attack more but I just think having 2 up front instead of Jacko on his own would make a difference but that's just my opinion take out a defender and put a more attacking player on but hey the gaffer knows a lot better than me just offering my opinion

Trouble is we all know the other option up front  :(....................  Unless he plays Trouts as an out and out striker. 

Trouble is we all know the other option up front  [emoji20]....................  Unless he plays Trouts as an out and out striker. 

Well yeah there is that [emoji23] Trouts would be a good option or could liam watt not play as a striker ? Even Fusco would be a better option then you know who

• 4 weeks later...

Qpark sat.big park decent surface cud well suit our new formation,being able to move the ball quick to Jacko n Finn. Once these two start to click I feel we can do ok for the remaining games. It's only been 3 games since the change so this cud get better.

• 1 month later...

I am afraid I cannot get too excited about being in playoffs position take out Livingston and to an extent Alloa and the rest of us are at best very very average nothing much between 3rd to bottom. Given we are still even in the hunt with a pretty average bunch probably says it all, if anyone by some complete fluke goes up from 3rd or 4th they would undoubtedly end up bottom of the Championship by quite a way. Bah Humbug:unsure:

We seem to have inherited a right bunch of negative "supporters" this season. We are in with a chance of  the play offs yet all people can do is slate the team.   Dods has done well to keep some sort of momentum going with the minimum squad at his disposal. We have had injuries and suspensions to some of our key players at important times through  the season but some folk expect us to play like Barcelona every game.  Can people not accept that we are a wee club punching well above our weight consistently year in year out  working with minimal budgets ? Come on guys , get real and start actually supporting the team.  Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good  but on the whole it is usually good especially when you look at the other Angus giants dwindelling in the league below. 

Spoiler

Yes an interesting season. We managed to keep momentum going from last to this at the start but were then hit with a load of injuries for about three months to key players. All momentum was gone and we have not really got it back. I am amazed we are in the playoffs and generally the team on form going into them have a chance - not convinced that will be us, assuming we get 4th or better.

Now that we are not going to be in the wrong play off position are we at least going to start making plans for next season? I know we might still be up a league but we could start signing up some of our squad - keep; Smith, McLean, Lynas, McCormack, Dyer, Rodgers, Watt, Graham, Love, Jackson, P O'Neil, Trouten (just) and Fusco (can put a shift in when needed) and get rid of the rest. We need some bigger guys in the middle and up front as it is clear that we lack physical presence. We do not play it on the ground often enough for size not to matter.

I wold also keep the management team on the basis that he is learning and that I'd anticipate them coming on again - would like to see Campbell in the dugout given it large.

Let the (friendly) debate begin.

Don't know about the "inherited" bit I have had a few years more pain than your good self :whistleand I am more than aware of the budget constraints and as I have said before think these will get a lot worse this coming year ( I think you will find that in many previous years we have had a good budget compared to many others for one main reason)  Don't think I really slated the players all I said was that on the whole they are pretty average ( but with a few gems ) in a  pish poor very average league.Thanks for advice about getting real good advice which maybe sometimes you should reflect on and i do get behind the team at games but I am not really a fan of our style of play,

4 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Don't know about the "inherited" bit I have had a few years more pain than your good self :whistleand I am more than aware of the budget constraints and as I have said before think these will get a lot worse this coming year ( I think you will find that in many previous years we have had a good budget compared to many others for one main reason)  Don't think I really slated the players all I said was that on the whole they are pretty average ( but with a few gems ) in a  pish poor very average league.Thanks for advice about getting real good advice which maybe sometimes you should reflect on and i do get behind the team at games but I am not really a fan of our style of play,

I wasn't getting at you personally but if you look at the after match comments on yesterday's  match thread you will maybe get the drift. 

On 23 April 2017 at 09:31, Cold Feet said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes an interesting season. We managed to keep momentum going from last to this at the start but were then hit with a load of injuries for about three months to key players. All momentum was gone and we have not really got it back. I am amazed we are in the playoffs and generally the team on form going into them have a chance - not convinced that will be us, assuming we get 4th or better.

Now that we are not going to be in the wrong play off position are we at least going to start making plans for next season? I know we might still be up a league but we could start signing up some of our squad - keep; Smith, McLean, Lynas, McCormack, Dyer, Rodgers, Watt, Graham, Love, Jackson, P O'Neil, Trouten (just) and Fusco (can put a shift in when needed) and get rid of the rest. We need some bigger guys in the middle and up front as it is clear that we lack physical presence. We do not play it on the ground often enough for size not to matter.

I wold also keep the management team on the basis that he is learning and that I'd anticipate them coming on again - would like to see Campbell in the dugout given it large.

Let the (friendly) debate begin.

Would keep those that you've mentioned along with Smith (signed hasn't he?) and Ford. The rest can go

45 minutes ago, brechincity said:

Would keep those that you've mentioned along with Smith (signed hasn't he?) and Ford. The rest can go

Would nt you guys keep Hill ....

Troutons a buck up or go ... Hes been terrible since he came back .Maybe missing Tiger ..I ve said all season club was struggling financially but got shot down ... Think we have to gamble on a cup run although new format rules out getting the plum draws ...

Be good to see Jacko sign again hopefully hes happy here , young Watt give him a full season ..Keep defence but can let Rogers go ... 

I d love Montrose to come up its been years since we played

Archived