Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Na after lengthy lay off and guys not match fit ...I d say our season starts nxt week we were always going to struggle yesterday ... We all know the reason s we ve only won 2 outta 10 or whatever it is ... But i d say from nxt Sat theres no excuse ..Play Offs would be a great achievement after the last 3 mths ... But tatics have to change and this kick n chase ball or player is nt much fun either to watch ... 

I saw the crowd at Montrose was over 1200 yesterday and assumed it was a typo in the paper. It seems they gave out 2 free kids tickets for each adult and got a big response. This seems a great initiative. Do you think we'd get the same response at Brechin?

3 hours ago, RedintheBed said:

I saw the crowd at Montrose was over 1200 yesterday and assumed it was a typo in the paper. It seems they gave out 2 free kids tickets for each adult and got a big response. This seems a great initiative. Do you think we'd get the same response at Brechin?

I think i would wait and see how many are at there next home game. Brechin already give free season tickets to the youngsters I believe.

I believe all primary school children and all the youth football teams got tickets for 1 adult and 1 child

13 hours ago, RedintheBed said:

9 hours ago, theycallmetrinity said:

I believe all primary school children and all the youth football teams got tickets for 1 adult and 1 child

I doubt very much that we would get the same response in Brechin  unless there was a wee personal touch like players , management or committee actually visiting schools etc.  I think we miss the likes of Charlie King who went out of his way to be involved with the community. Not many like him going about. 

Evening - statto question for Brechin fowk: on 7/1/17 you guys lost 1-0 to Albion Rovers. You had two trialists who were unused subs that day. Anybody got an idea who they were?
Cheers for any info.

I was led to believe they were both Burntisland Shipyard players. Not sure on the names though.

Archived