Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, slangs said:

Money talks can't blame any club for trying to make a bob

Point missed. 

If the juniors invested the money in making their grounds fit for actually playing in the tournaments they enter I would have a bit more sympathy for them.  As it is , they are taking money out of the Scottish game without contributing anything back. 

54 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Point missed. 

If the juniors invested the money in making their grounds fit for actually playing in the tournaments they enter I would have a bit more sympathy for them.  As it is , they are taking money out of the Scottish game without contributing anything back. 

But in fairness to the Juniors they have been given the opportunity to enter tournament and they are making the most out of it they can its the powers to be that are to blame not the juniors 

So in what way are the junior sides meant to contribute back? As I see it most struggle from week to week with the threat of going tits up. Teams at the lower end really r in dire straights so for me continuing too compete is keeping the game going therefore contributing to the Scottish football. No help from the SFA.let's have a stab at them other than the juniors

58 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

But in fairness to the Juniors they have been given the opportunity to enter tournament and they are making the most out of it they can its the powers to be that are to blame not the juniors 

I suppose you have a point .  What rankles is that the juniors have no intention of joining the pyramid system of joining the leagues as previous polls etc have indicated.  The bigger ones in question ie the likes of Bonnyrigg who constantly qualify for the cup   are quite happy to take the money to monopolise their own leagues .  

36 minutes ago, slangs said:

So in what way are the junior sides meant to contribute back? As I see it most struggle from week to week with the threat of going tits up. Teams at the lower end really r in dire straights so for me continuing too compete is keeping the game going therefore contributing to the Scottish football. No help from the SFA.let's have a stab at them other than the juniors

See the above statement for how they can contribute .  

Yes the run of the mill juniors who run their clubs as juniors and not semi pro outfits do have my admiration for managing to survive in today's climate . They provide an option for players too good for amatuer but not quite good enough for senior.  It is the likes of Bonnyrigg , Linlithgow etc who rip the arse out of the flawed system. 

Just my thoughts .  I don't disagree with the points raised though. 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

I suppose you have a point .  What rankles is that the juniors have no intention of joining the pyramid system of joining the leagues as previous polls etc have indicated.  The bigger ones in question ie the likes of Bonnyrigg who constantly qualify for the cup   are quite happy to take the money to monopolise their own leagues .  

But if say for instance we were offered say 50K a year from the Premiership because it was offered to us would we say no that not fair on teams in Premiership ? of course not you take it because you were offered it same as the juniors they have been offered something and are taking it. Don't get me wrong I do not think they should be in the Scottish cup but thems the rules that do need changed.

18 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

But if say for instance we were offered say 50K a year from the Premiership because it was offered to us would we say no that not fair on teams in Premiership ? of course not you take it because you were offered it same as the juniors they have been offered something and are taking it. Don't get me wrong I do not think they should be in the Scottish cup but thems the rules that do need changed.

It is the broader picture here.  I keep harping on about them not contributing anything back. What I failed to mention earlier is the reason they don't want to progress is that they would have to follow the club licencing guidelines that senior clubs do. Some of the bigger junior clubs regularly attract larger crowds than a lot of lower league seniors. Yet they don't have to employ stewards , their grounds don't have to pass safety standards , etc.  We played at Bonnyrigg a few seasons ago and some local neds tried to wind up the Brechin support.  It was our committee who had to try and stop any trouble. 

Also, especially in the Ayrshire leagues we occasionally see  pictures of crowd disturbances , bottles of bucky being thrown etc  when rivals meet. Everyone laughs and says ach  it's just the juniors.  It seems they are having their cake and eating it. 

20 minutes ago, slangs said:

No matter what level each club has it's own agenda and we are no different. The pyramid doesn't work so clubs r forced to behave the way they do

The pyramid was just introduced a couple of seasons ago so it is too early to judge if it is or is not working.   

I think the point that the Hedge is trying to make is. If Brechin got the big draw the majority of money raised would have to be put back into keeping the Glebe up to standard. Very little money would get put back into the team.
Junior clubs can put all their money into buying players. If that's not taking money from the senior game then I don't know what is.
Montrose Roselea have changed leagues because they fancy their chances of winning the north league just to get into the Scottish cup for more money.

There are junior clubs with excellent facilities that could take a "bigger " tie so it's ok for them to b entered into the cup even though they might spend on players ??.should Albion rovers be allowed to play at another stadium?.I was at their ground recently and it certainly doesn't look like they spend much on it

1 hour ago, slangs said:

There are junior clubs with excellent facilities that could take a "bigger " tie so it's ok for them to b entered into the cup even though they might spend on players ??.should Albion rovers be allowed to play at another stadium?.I was at their ground recently and it certainly doesn't look like they spend much on it

If as you say the junior grounds meet criteria to host games then yes let them compete. For them to play at the likes of Tynecastle is just taking the piss though.  As for Albion I just don't understand why they got to shift their tie.  As you say they don't seem to spend a lot but they must do enough to gain their licence. There does seem to be rules for some and rules for others. 

No, Albion should not have been allowed to move.

Archived