Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

See people seem to think we are shelling out big wages, I don't blame you or any one else, we have the past don't we. 

But most of our squad is on between 2 and 300pw, we have a few younger guys on less and then there are 4 or 5 on 350-400pw. 

Sell big issues in between training sessions ...Surely on mor than that 

18 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Believe me I was surprised also but the guy who tells me is very rarely wrong, told me about the likes of Gallagher coming to Livi weeks ago. 

Apparantly he was on £200 a week with us and is on £300pw with Brechin. 

£200 a week full time would be less than the minimum wage .  Which makes your " reliable source "  seem a bit unreliable.............Unless of course Livi are breaking a few employment guidelines which I very much doubt as they have always done things by the book !! 

7 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

£200 a week full time would be less than the minimum wage .  Which makes your " reliable source "  seem a bit unreliable.............Unless of course Livi are breaking a few employment guidelines which I very much doubt as they have always done things by the book !! 

:whistle

I dont think anybody ever knows for definite what players make, i think it would be intresting to know, find it hard to believe brechin could afford to pay anywhere near 300 a week to any of there players, i'd imagine the likes of us and dumbarton etc will be paying there highest earner that.

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That's £20 an hour for full-time footballer in Scotland ;)

:lol:  You are correct , I was forgetting the fact that they only work 10 hours a week. 

I wonder if they have part time window cleaning or gardening  jobs to fill in the rest of their time ?  

MB true but these "junior" sides now r as professional as us. Top of their league not been beat all season,full of players that have n cud still play at a higher level.fantastic set up paying good money. These teams cud take there place in the pro leagues no shadow of a doubt.on paper it looks like a bad result but believe me my son has played at this level,these teams are no mugs.Bonnyrigg play Hibs 2day that's how far Junior football has come.

4 hours ago, slangs said:

MB true but these "junior" sides now r as professional as us. Top of their league not been beat all season,full of players that have n cud still play at a higher level.fantastic set up paying good money. These teams cud take there place in the pro leagues no shadow of a doubt.on paper it looks like a bad result but believe me my son has played at this level,these teams are no mugs.Bonnyrigg play Hibs 2day that's how far Junior football has come.

Agree with much of what you say , however I am a little bit pissed off at the SFA for allowing Bonnyrigg to shift their game just to cash in. If their ground was fit to host previous Scottish cup ties it should be fit to host Hibs.  After all , the money won't be used to upgrade their ground , it will be used to pay some more ex pros extortionate money . The glamour of the underdog in the cup  has been totally lost  due to greed.    Same goes for Albion Rovers.  

Archived