Brechin City Season 2016 / 2017

Fraser would be a good signing but would he accept being a super sub as Jackson and Thomson are the first picks up front,I think its the midfield that needs strengthening so I would like to see Whately from Arbroath and Denholm from Forfar .It will be interesting to see who Dods brings in and if we get off to a good start might have to change my mind about him.

Denholm has another year at us

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fraser would be a good signing but would he accept being a super sub as Jackson and Thomson are the first picks up front,I think its the midfield that needs strengthening so I would like to see Whately from Arbroath and Denholm from Forfar .It will be interesting to see who Dods brings in and if we get off to a good start might have to change my mind about him.

Whatley is already signed up for next season at Gayfield.

James Dale was saying after the game he's just finished uni so he's going to try and get a job around here so he can stay on.

Thought he was excellent on Saturday, could've done with that energy this season. 

And let's face it, nobody is leaving Arbroath, or indeed Forfar to be fair, to join the Village team.

Is that the village team which has managed to maintain it's League one status for the 15th year unbroken ?  

Shame on you massive clubs for under achieving all these years .  Maybe uncle Fester will change all that though.  He did at Farfar before being cruelly cast aside after his first wee fall in form. 

For me, I'd keep:

Graeme Smith

Patrick O'Neil (as backup keeper)

Willie Dyer

Paul McLean (already signed)

Darren McCormack

Ross Perry (would like to see him given a chance after injury)

Gary Fusco (already signed)

James Dale

Robert Thomson

Andy Jackson (already signed)

Undecided on:

Jonathan Tiffoney

Euan Smith

Liam Coogans

Can go:

Jamie Montgomery

Craig Johnston

David Weatherston

End of loan:

Lukas Culjak

Jassem Sukar

Jamie Robson

Liam Watt (would love him to stay but already away to Livi?)

Lewis Spence (hopefully we get an opportunity to sign him)

Obviously Craig Molloy is already confirmed as leaving which is a bit gutting. He's been a great servant to the club but if we can get James Dale re-signed then we have a ready made replacement.

Good player for league 2 ?

Definitely.  One of the fittest players at our level.  Even when he wasn't getting a game he would be out warming up and keeping muscles stretched for basically the whole game.   Good honest guy too. 

Always like Tiger when he was with Stenhousemuir. He was a real grafter, a real nuisance and someone who could chip in with the odd goal too. He's also one of the biggest divers in the lower leagues, but you can overlook that to some degree when he's part of your team.

I imagine he'd do very well in League 2.

Always like Tiger when he was with Stenhousemuir. He was a real grafter, a real nuisance and someone who could chip in with the odd goal too. He's also one of the biggest divers in the lower leagues, but you can overlook that to some degree when he's part of your team.

I imagine he'd do very well in League 2.

You weren't in Aberdeen last night at the exhibition centre by chance were you ? 

Hope not ! He d be better staying with us another season all going well banging in 20 plus goals and finishing his studies ! Then making a move up the leagues ,him n Jacko have only really started hitting it off last 3 months so in my opinion another season with us would stand him in good stead . Very much a confidence player though got a lot too offer when on form and fantastic work rate think he won every high ball he went for in last dozen games ( slight exaggeration ha ha ) but did nt lose many !

To be fair we're only part-time so it wouldn't disrupt any studies or work etc.

Sounds like he could be a decent option.

Buchan, Johnstone and weatherston all not been offered new deals Dyer Dale offered new deals and Buzz singed up according to the reporter from the advertiser

Buchan - what happened to him?

Everything else all ok but would Like Thommo - not sure why he'd opt for another part time club. Stay with us another year bang in 20 and get a move to a full time club. Simple. No?

Archived