Kilwinning's Chris Strain - embarrassing antics v Cumnock

joker1982

At the Cumnock vs Kilwinning game last night this eejit didnt half embarrass himself and his club. Acting the hardman on the sidelines, screaming and hollering at the ref, then when the ref goes over to tell him to shut his big gub, he hides behind the dug-oot like the true little girl he is. I thought i'd seen it all but a grown man running behind the dugout and removing his hat so he wouldnt be recognised has defo took the biscuit. Hang your head and your red face in shame, Strain. Laughing stock.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue here isny about passion mate, it's about taking your medicine like a man. Standing there acting the big man then scurrying behind the dug-oot when the ref goes to give him a deserved tickin off isny passion. Kinda example is that settin to anyone?

The Buffs manager is not the only one bawling and shouting at referees and linesmen.   Cumnock management team were loudly questioning every decision or non-decision of the referee too.   Strain just takes it to a higher level but hiding behind the dugout was like an episode from Keystone Cops, it'll go down in the annals of Buffs history.   It surely is counter-productive though, I'm sure that the referee decided not to award several free-kicks to the Buffs, probably in silent retribution for Chris Strain's haranguing.   The tall guy Ross cleared a ball with a leap and a half-volley and a Cumnock player charged him in the air and dumped him about 1 metre away.   The Ref was close to the action but chose not to give a free kick and said to Ross that he had simulated a foul.   The boy must have discovered a new branch of aeronautical science akin to sideways levitation to propel himself through the air allegedly unassisted.   Dean Agnew was bundled over in the penalty box near the end of the match and the neutrals beside me were of the opinion that a penalty could have fairly been awarded.  Isaac Kerr had hands all over a Cumnock forward running clear towards Buffs goal yet the ref saw no foul, everybody else saw a foul resulting in the denial of a goal-scoring opportunity by the last defender..   Who's to say that the Referee is not adversely influenced by excessive and insulting behaviour from management and players.   If I was a ref I would most definitely get some satisfaction from a little light revenge.

The issue here isny about passion mate, it's about taking your medicine like a man. Standing there acting the big man then scurrying behind the dug-oot when the ref goes to give him a deserved tickin off isny passion. Kinda example is that settin to anyone?

Cannae believe you've actually created a post for this mate, rather than for the game itself which was an absolute joy to watch and a great advert for junior football.

Strain meant it as a bit of a joke and did it spur of the moment probably forgetting that there is folk like yourself at the game who obviously take it far too serious. Doubt he will do it again.

Anyway, can't wait for the rematch on Saturday. Maybe you should think about changing your pseudonym to seriousasfeck82, just a suggestion.

The Cumnock gaffer at least stood and took his medicine aff the ref when he crossed the line tho. That is my point, if Strain is gonnae act the big man at least take it on the chin. But he was too busy playing hide n seek. He mighta started the game wae a set of baws but he ended it with a vagina.

You're spot on tho mate, the intimidation of officials by the likes of Strain can back-fire. If they had any sense they would see that.

Cannae believe you've actually created a post for this mate, rather than for the game itself which was an absolute joy to watch and a great advert for junior football.

Strain meant it as a bit of a joke and did it spur of the moment probably forgetting that there is folk like yourself at the game who obviously take it far too serious. Doubt he will do it again.

Anyway, can't wait for the rematch on Saturday. Maybe you should think about changing your pseudonym to seriousasfeck82, just a suggestion.

A joy to watch? You need to get to more games mate. The ball was hardly on the deck, hot tattie stuff.

As for me taking it far too serious, I'm not the one standing at the side of the park shouting and screaming like a banshee and trying to intimidate refs. Naw, that would be your jovial light-hearted hero Strain :)

The Cumnock gaffer at least stood and took his medicine aff the ref when he crossed the line tho. That is my point, if Strain is gonnae act the big man at least take it on the chin. But he was too busy playing hide n seek. He mighta started the game wae a set of baws but he ended it with a vagina.

You're spot on tho mate, the intimidation of officials by the likes of Strain can back-fire. If they had any sense they would see that.

Chris took his young team of entertainers to Lugar, won an important point against a good Cumnock team. Starting the game with a pair of Baws, then finishes up with a Vagina!!!!

You'll be telling me next that Pollok beat Arthurlie 11-3.

To be fair we tried to play on the deck and when I said joy to watch I was referring to our attempted style of play, and the way we have played all season long under yer pal strains management.

I agree that playing deep and shelling the ball up to your number 9 all night is not the best to watch but effective all the same .

Anyway, you've repeated your point 3 times now and going nowhere with it. Time to move on.

A joy to watch was not how I would have described it but if thats the best Kilwinning have to offer then I'm really looking forward to Sat now.

Didn't think Cumnock got going last night and even the consistent Paul Burns couldn't pass water last night.  Overall happy with the point as neither team really did enough to win it and in a game Cumnock weren't at 100% and can only improve for Saturday.

Chris took his young team of entertainers to Lugar, won an important point against a good Cumnock team. Starting the game with a pair of Baws, then finishes up with a Vagina!!!!

They did. It was on the sjfa website so it must be TRUE ;-)

Must admit I never had great first impressions of Chris strain as a player although I never really knew him personally.

Can only say though that he was first class in both legs of our recent scottish cup semi finals and walked on the park after the final whistle of the second game after his club were knocked out and shook all our players hands.

Credit where credit is due for doing that as it couldn't have been easy after being knocked out in a scottish cup semi final .

Sounds like maybe he got carried away the other night but which manager doesn't and would rather see passion than managers showing nothing to the cause.

They don't call him Strawbaws for nothing ye know :)

Think the guy is a fine chap and welcome at Kilbirnie anytime.

Must admit I never had great first impressions of Chris strain as a player although I never really knew him personally.

Can only say though that he was first class in both legs of our recent scottish cup semi finals and walked on the park after the final whistle of the second game after his club were knocked out and shook all our players hands.

Credit where credit is due for doing that as it couldn't have been easy after being knocked out in a scottish cup semi final .

Sounds like maybe he got carried away the other night but which manager doesn't and would rather see passion than managers showing nothing to the cause.

That's my thoughts too, he has the team playing a great brand of football and is a winner,always liked a passionate manager on the touch line,as long as it's controlled. Looking forward to Saturday.

Archived