Chernobyl/Kiev

DDcups

On 27/03/2017 at 19:09, RadgerTheBadger said:

Just wondering how you got on with you're trip

I'm looking at heading over in October if I can price it up reasonably

Also if anyone who has been can say how safe it is to go to Chernobyl aswell as if it's safe enough with the whole Russian carry on? Last time I was there 3 people died a couple of days before I arrived in riots!

Ryanair now do cheap flights from Manchester and London (starting from October). Travelling to Kyiv will be fine although the odd government official and journalist still get picked off in public (I was only 4 miles away from where the Belarusian journalist was blown up in his car last July). Kyiv in general will be fine, the ATO zone is about 400 miles away. 

I haven't done Chernobyl so can't comment on that but from what I've seen, book early and with a reasonably looking genuine tour agency. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
On 27/03/2017 at 19:09, RadgerTheBadger said:

Just wondering how you got on with you're trip

I'm looking at heading over in October if I can price it up reasonably

Also if anyone who has been can say how safe it is to go to Chernobyl aswell as if it's safe enough with the whole Russian carry on? Last time I was there 3 people died a couple of days before I arrived in riots!

Did you book up for next month? I got flights from Edinburgh via Amsterdam for £193. Booking direct from UIA seems to be the cheapest option.

Archived