Not being allowed to swear at football

I remember a game at Morton and a steward told my dad he would be ejected for swearing if he didnt calm down. Needless to say the steward was met with the quick response "f**k off".

Don't understand this whole swearing is bad at football. I hear a hell of a lot more swearing walking along the street than at a game. Everything is offensive these days. People need thicker skin. What are they expecting, a couple hundred fans chanting " the referees a bad decision maker!" Honesty people need to get over themselves

game at Broadwood this year stewards came up and told my boy to keep the language down it wasn't even him that swore , he was told to go f*** himself he promptly walked away totally pointless

Or within the programme a list of suitable insults

What about , rather than . you can stick yer fuckin smokies up yer arse . we sing, We don't like smoked haddock with

bones you know ? or can you remove the bones from your smoked fish incase we choke ? lol

If clubs want to stop swearing they need to get their own house in order first and stop club employees swearing during a game

Oops no good for us - Chappy & wee Joycey do get a tad excitable at times .

CHAPMAN up in front o the beaks this Thursday after the Elgin stramash

It all depends on the nature of what is said and how often it happens. I told a few younger lads about 14 to pack it in who were directly in front of me and my son who is 5. They just swore constantly all the first half same again at the start of the second so told them to reign it in. I felt the stewards should have said something but never bothered their holes. They calmed down after that and yes I felt hard as f**k afterwards for telling off wee boys.

Problem for clubs is they want to appear family friendly for all.

absolutely old chap rid the game of this under class ,bunch of fouled mouth oafs

Not sure why you're bringing class into this although it doesn't continue to show how misinformed and ignorant you are.

It's plain and simple breach of the peace. When it's directed at an individual player/coach/official as it usually is, it's assault. Passing through a turnstile doesn't change that and nor does paying money to attend relieve you of your responsibilities as a citizen.

Frankly the stewards, and more accurately the police should be applauded for those they do eject for this and should be going further with more arrests and allowing absolutely zero tolerance for this unlawful behaviour.

I'm sure it is no coincidence that the clamp down on foul and abusive language has taken place concurrently with the rise in popularity of the "so-called" "hipster" beard. This development undoubtedly has allowed the muttering of many oaths and obscenities to largely go unchecked of late.

Not sure why you're bringing class into this although it doesn't continue to show how misinformed and ignorant you are.

It's plain and simple breach of the peace. When it's directed at an individual player/coach/official as it usually is, it's assault. Passing through a turnstile doesn't change that and nor does paying money to attend relieve you of your responsibilities as a citizen.

Frankly the stewards, and more accurately the police should be applauded for those they do eject for this and should be going further with more arrests and allowing absolutely zero tolerance for this unlawful behaviour.

I tend to wave my hanker chief or throw my bunnett in the air to show my approval find these foul mouth chants totally abhorrent

thank goodness you to have a moral compass

It's plain and simple breach of the peace. When it's directed at an individual player/coach/official as it usually is, it's assault.

Aye technically it's a breach of the peace but only if someone is bothered by it. That's all it is. You're talking absolute crap about it becoming assault when aimed at an individual

Archived